Dogs & Diving

Do you take your dog with you when you go Diving?

• Leave at Home.

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Leave on Beach.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Leave on Boat.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Goes snorkeling with me!

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Thought about getting gear for?

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Don't have a Dog...

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pressure differences are a lot different diving- Going over a mountain isn't nearly the same as adding or subtracting double/triple the pressure in a minute or two ascending and descending.
Here's a cute thing to try: Time yourself walking up a flight of stairs, twelve feet? See how slowly you must climb to ascend at 30' per minute, 24 seconds.
Cheers,
Melissa

vicky,

Now I am impressed. is that your dog?

mike

Now I was told the dog was certified by ACUC (American and Canadian Underwater Canines) :eek:ut:

Nice one Vicky:D
In the late sixties I read an article that some divers on the East coast of OZ thought touching a dog before a dive was dangerous, as the dog scent could attract a shark attack.

Yes, I do believe I have heard old 60s divers say that touching a dog, before diving, could be dangerous.

Of course the only way to mask the shark attracting scent of a dog is with copious amounts of a punjent weedy smell......this would have to be smoked, naturally, to gain it's full effect. The weeds masking scent(we'll call it "weed" just to clarify terms) was to be passed from potential diver to potential diver-much like buddy breathing but instead with a grin and a chuckle. For it was known that with a single breath of this agent any Great White would be thrown into a cloudy sensory haze, and thereby the shark attack was foiled-and that made people laugh and giggle uncontrolably. It's only drawback is that it would initiate a pre diving diver feeding frenzy the likes of which have never been seen and usually resulted in no diving that day whatsoever. But no one seemed to mind-except for a dive organization called the DEA(Diver Eduacation Assessment?). DEA always wanted to know "Where did you get this training material" "Who did you get this masking material from(oopps, I decided I would call it weed would't I)" "How much "weed" do you have on you"

The 60s seemed to be a very crazy time in diving. Crazy indeed.

Yes weed, acid and other mind bending substances were quite fashionable news items then, along with the pill the permissive society and promiscuity. Over here it was more hype than fact.
Heroin and cocaine is now available in our small villages and destroying the lives of our children. Our government and the police force have given up fighting this menace to our society.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom