Dog Name

How would you feel?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr3d

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need an honest opinion.

My mother bought a new dog, and she thought that it was so small and cute that it reminded her of my youngest daughter.(Also very small and cute). Well my mother named the dog Katy, the same as my daughter. Now that my wife has caught wind of this dogs name she is very livid and has not let it rest. Me, I think it is nothing to be arguing about for weeks, or am I just an unfeeling guy who dont let things bother me.

Would you be angry if someone named a dog after you or one of your children.

Or don't realy think it is that big of a deal.

For me I don't thing is an sensitive and would like to say depend of cultures, like traditional Chinese definitely "bad" very angry on that issue

I'd tell her to get over it, but that's the other option you failed to put... but I wouldn't listen to my advice if you knew how my wife treated me

As already stated, tell her to get over it....better yet, look at it as flattering perhaps, the fact that she wanted to name her little dog after someone she really loves and cares about.

And a name is a name, after all how many other people do you know named Katy...does she get mad at them as well for being named what they are named?

there are issues here between your wife and your mother

this isn't about a dog name

The dog name is way too silly to be 'livid' over. Your wife and mother need to get drunk and have it out.

Here at the Casa de ScubaRandy, it is 100% in the "get over it" category. I posed the question to my wife of 24 years, and she said it was not offensive at all.. She sat here and read some of the other posts, and agreed that there is more to this than the dog's name....

Good luck!

Randy (And Jan)

Boy, that's ruff.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom