Dog Name

How would you feel?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before I was born my parents were planning on naming me Penelope and calling me Penny but after I was born they changed their minds. My mom had an aunt who's dog was named Penny. Since we spent a lot of time at this aunt's house my parents kept teasing me that the dog and I almost had the same name. I never minded because I like the dog and thought it would have been kind of cool. I think there might be issues between your wife and mother.

Why not just ask your daughter what she thinks, isn't that who it is really about anyways, not your wife she didn't name the dog after your wife.
But it does raise the question that your mom probably did this because she
knew it would upset her. BUT LET'S GET REAL HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A
GRANDMOTHER NAMING HER PET AFTER HER GRANDAUGHTER.
Becky

Oh c'mon...
Andy is 100% right

and BTW it's not a big deal for me.
give your wife the book by John Grogan "Marley and me". This may change her mind
Mania

OK I called my son's who are heading to school on the bus and asked them, they are 7 and 9 both said they would think that grandma didn't like them anymore. We have a golden Lab named lucky and we treat him the same as a family member BUT he is still a DOG.
Becky

I know two little boys, brothers, who both were named after dogs their parents liked. Barko and Woofsey are proud of their names. They are unique, unlike all the repetitive unoriginal names other boys are stuck with. The dogs seem to have no complaints about sharing their names with small humans.

My cats are named Hanna and Iword. On the occasion of Hanna's first medical appointment the vet was clearly discomfited when I mentioned what the kitten's name was. "but... but... that's my daughter's name!" she said. "Good choice" I replied. Not even a smile.

Iword was named after a half-crazed white Rastafarian musician I met in Negril back in the 70's, because of certain traits common to both Iwords. A Reggae music critic who is familiar with the human Iword's music objected to the cat's name on religious grounds.

A friend of mine has a disappointingly inarticulate parrot named "GW".

H2Andy:
there are issues here between your wife and your mother

this isn't about a dog name
like they say;
don't hit your mother-in-law in the face with a shovel, it might leave a bad impression

I have never heard of such a thing. Why would your wife get upset over this. BTW my daughter's name is Katie as well. I'm going to sue your mom for a gozillion dollars. It seems that there is definitely not the whole story here. Is your mom a butinsky or does she not like your wife. Either way if there is some hidden issue here you need to step in, tell your mother that this upsets your wife and ask her to change the dog's name.
I just asked mine about this and she said maybe your mom admires your daughter so much she wanted to name the dog after her.
In any case you need to step in for the sake of your marriage and get to the bottom of this. And remember you are with your wife. If not then you better cut the umbilical and get with her on this. Your mother may get pissed at you but she is still your mom and the worst that can happen is she stops talkng to you and causing problems with you and your wife. Your wife on the other hand can make your life hell, and if it get s bad enough take half your stuff and bleed you dry until your daughter is 18 or better. She will probably also live longer. So tell mom to get her act together and stop being a pain and source of irritation. If you are afraid to do this go ahead and get the divorce now and move back in with mom.

agilis:
Iword was named after a half-crazed white Rastafarian musician I met in Negril back in the 70's, because of certain traits common to both Iwords. A Reggae music critic who is familiar with the human Iword's music objected to the cat's name on religious grounds.

A friend of mine has a disappointingly inarticulate parrot named "GW".

As Bill Cosby said I though my name was dammit and my brother was jesus christ . I did name one cat I had dammit and another devil because she was mean as a snake. If i ever get another like that I'll call it Mohammed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom