Does this seem like a bizarre setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey maybe he is mixing his own gases on the fly while underwater. the ponies both have pure O2 while the 80 is pure Nitrogen, then he just mixes at whatever ratio he wants for the depth he is at...

Yeah, thats the ticket, and Morgan Fairchild is his dive buddy.

OWSI176288:
That truly is the most clustered set-up I've even seen! I am really not sure I am seeing everthing...but how does the single SPG/console seen in the one picture come into play. And where is the LP inflator hose.

I think the sticker on the one pony bottle (or whatever you want to call it) is misleading. Just because there's a dive center sticker on one tank, doens't mean it was sold that way. There's no way a dive center sold him/her that setup that way.

Well, the inflator is running of the leftside pony bottle... I think a few SBers emailed him to ask "***?!?"

Interesting to see what his response is...

had to laugh out loud at the mention of attaching old hoses and license plates to him while on a safety stop... hahahahaha..

D.

I just posted pics of this "thing" on our Norwegian diving forum, under the "jokes section"!

If we had a contest on SB to find the oddest dive related ebay auction, I think this one would win.

I also started lauging at the thought of attaching boots and license plates to it. (my coworkers are wondering what's going on)

Originally Posted by GaryNJ
I Googled the visible digits from the phone number on the dive shop sticker.

http://www.geocities.com/new_experience_scuba/

LOL... I called the store... (his email didn't work)... he basically said

"Yeah, I sold a couple of extra pony bottles a while back, but I wouldn't sell a person a rig that you're describing...."

I told him it probably wasn't the kind of advertising he was looking for...Too bad his email doesn't work.. you'd really need to see this to believe it..

D.

git-r-dun diver:
Damn they seem a little worried about running out of air. Either that or they are stupid enough to have two out of air situations on the same dive.

Two! how about three.

...and that BCD reminds me of the space suit from the Apollo Astronauts!

fa_3.JPG

as17-140-21391.jpg

--c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom