Does this seem like a bizarre setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y:
He's got over 1000 views on his ad so far (albeit only 2 bids)... wish I could get that kind of traffic for one of my ads!

Maybe it is because this thread has over 1800 views, I guess many of us just had to look at the pics in his ad...

So should you post something that F'd up looking for sale on ebay then get someone to post about it here on SB, you could get that kinda view numbers too.

Sherwood "maximus" 1st & 2nd stage regulators (cold water use only):confused:
Darn, this would have been an ideal tropical rig. Its already got the ReefCrusher9000 extensions on the sides and you'd only have to open 3 tanks at the airport!

Bryan.

gt3073b:
Darn, this would have been an ideal tropical rig. Its already got the ReefCrusher9000 extensions on the sides and you'd only have to open 3 tanks at the airport!

Bryan.

ROFLMAO!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <gasp..."reefcrusher.....".....<gasp>...":lol: :lol: :lol:

Leftwinger16:
I like at the end where it says, "MUST SELL, CAN NO LONGER DIVE DUE TO MEDICAL REASONS. IF YOU WOULD BUY THEM ALL NEW, PRICES ABOUT $5,000."

I wonder if stupidity is a medical condition...
Thats one F'ed up setup...

Bizarre - looks like a single and independant double ponies...:D

2 DAYS LEFT!! WILL IT MAKE THE RESERVE PRICE?!?
I'm taking all bets!

We should all chip in a dollar and buy it so some other poor schlub doesn't fall victim to it..

D.

Other than the pee valve thread, this is the funnyest thread I have seen. That guy had to be a dream come true for a shop with no scruples.

Wow... I started this thread and we're up to 2300+ views... definately a personal best for me!

(Of course, when you have such good material to work with...)

D.

I've only owned one pony bottle for argon, but mine had a valve on the first stage. His does not appear to. It also looks like his main tank is plumbed into one of his Pony tanks and that tank is plumbed into his other pony tank. Could this be some sort of a system were he uses a 80cf tank to fill his Pony tanks and he just has them hooked together for show? Just making a wild guess to make sense of it.

If memory serves me well, those ponies look like a rig sold by a company called Aquavit, whose web sites seem to be gone now...

They sold a pony system called the X-Tra, or something like that, that consisted of a pony bottle and a combo valve and first stage that was plumbed to the main tank's first stage with a HP hose.

If I understood it correctly, it automatically filled from your main tank, and held the air in reserve should you drain your main tank.

Like a complicated reserve valve?????

I never quite got it.

But I think this guy got two of 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom