Does such a drysuit exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you looked at the fusion bullet/fit?
I have a very old version of this suit (when it was still whites), and it still dives wonderfully. They will fit like a made-to-measure suit off the rack because of the neo layer that squeezes everything, and also vents very easily because of that. It's a dream suit to dive, and I know people who have abused their suit and still dive it regularly.
  • Durability. So, the idea of this suit is that you have a really overcut bag, with a very neoprene layer on top that is undercut to fit the suit to you. This neoprene layer makes the suit incredibly durable because the thin neoprene gives and stretches if you catch it on something, preventing any damage to the actual shell underneath that keeps you dry. If you rip the neo layer, that is completely user-replaceable (and not too expensive).
  • Replaceable Seals. If you get the bullet, it comes with quick cuffs (that also accept the quick dry glove), and quick neck. These systems are unique in that you can use standard seals, you don't need any proprietary seal to use the replaceable seal system (unlike DUI).
  • 2 Front Zips. Yep, self donning front zip, with protective zip over it. Takes some practice to don/doff it effectively, but I can do it myself.
  • Pockets. Yep, also has two pockets.
  • Cut for women. Yep! Comes in a version that is cut for women. The fusion bullet is the male version, the fusion fit is the female version.

Took me a little to figure the "2 front zips" but after thinking a little I figured it out. A protective over zipper on top of the actual waterproof zipper. My Ursuit is that way, my old Pinacal had a Velcro flap over the zipper. Most back zips have nothing over the zipper.
Or maybe she meant a relief zipper?

Back
Top Bottom