Does my new drysuit fit me? Have Pics....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for all your help.
Regarding the wrist and neck seals, I feel really really stupid now. I didn't realize you were supposed to roll them inward. I thought you wore them just like latex ones where you just slide them over. When I roll the seals inward it seems like they do seal.
Regarding the zipper, I can work it easily when I'm not in the suit. My gf just didnt want to take the chance of not being able to unzip it herself. I just tried it on again without putting my feet down into the booties and realized that the legs were too long as some of you guys mentioned. Without my feet all the way down into the legs, the crotch and shoulder areas are placed correctly without bagging, and I can easily bend down, put my arms up, and touch the back entry zipper.

Looks like I will be replacing the boots then. If I wanted to replace the wrist seals with latex seals, would that be any harder than redoing the boots? I do plan on grabbing the airspeedexpress book. I'm wondering though, if I'm going to be replacing the seals, whether I should have just spent a little more money on a shell suit that needed new seals. I had originally thought that if I was ever going to get a drysuit I'd opt for the shell, but at $230 I didn't want to pass this up.

In regards to underwear, I'll be diving in Dutch Springs and off Jersey, so I'll have to experiment a little with how much I'll need. Given that I'll need to replace seals though, do you guys think I should keep this one or look for a shell suit with bad seals?

Austin

y'all are too funny, I'll post pictures of mine, then laugh :wink:

Oh no Catherine, if I had remembered females might see these pics I would have fixed myself up. At least you guys get to see a real life portrait of a college student in the middle of exam week. :-D

scubadobadoo:
After a second look.....I think it actually looks like it may fit too tightly on the top once you add undies. Add undies and purge the suit of air and it may look and feel even tighter. You do need some room to move.

There's def room at the top. It only looks a little snug because the front and back bag out in the pic when i try to push my feet all the way down into the boots. If you look at the side shot and remember that my stomach is the thinnest part of my body, then you'll see that I still have room.

Ok guys, I decided I'm going to put the suit back up on ebay. My local dive shop rents out clean Dive Rite 905 drysuits for $45. So I'm thinking the work of altering the suit and putting new boots on and still not having one as good as the rental isn't really worth it. Thanks again for the help though guys.

Austin

are the ankles snug? once you roll the wrist seals under do they feel snug? can you fit two fingers under the rolled wrist seal?
bend down and spread your legs rolling some of the excess in the legs towards your crotch. if you can get both arms over your head and touch them then it should fit pretty good. remember youll be wearing thicker undies under it and if it fits tight without em then its goign to be way to tight with em.can you hug yourself if it feels too tight when you do this then it is. having extra but not too much is better than having too little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom