Does anyone wear Chuck Taylors with your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Charney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I always wear my chucks with my drysuit, they fit my jets and are really comfortable. The wife and I are headed to Coz soon and I was thinking I would just wear them with my wetsuit too. Maybe get some neoprene socks for insulation. Does anyone do that?

Only those with prior military diving, rough surface walks, or have seen somebody else do it wear those.

Too simple of a solution for the rest of us. :wink:

I did once in a pool....I normally dive dry (and at the time with Converse) and totally forgot to pack wetsuit boots when we had a pool dive planned, but happened to have my Converse in my dive box. I got all kinds of comments about how cool they were (they're bright orange high tops!), but without a sock of some sort underneath, they were sorta uncomfortable. If you could find a 3mm neoprene sock or something, I imagine it would work nicely.

That said, I'm diving dry in Coz in May this year :D

I dive Slipstreams with my drysuit. This time of year I like to wear them in the pool some. They're pretty stiff and I have to get used to them again. Anyway, I'll wear wetsuit boots inside my CT's and they're actually pretty comfortable. The trick will be to find something that fills up your Chucks properly.

I know this thread is kind of old, but I just have to know: how do you dry out your Chucks afterwards? Do they get manky?

good question - I want to know what the "experts" do.... - subscribing

I found putting mine out in the sun was good enough; they don't hold onto a lot of water. At home, I put them in front of a fan.

I open mine wide and set them behind the dehumidifier in the utility room.

I suggest replacing the cotton laces with parachute chord.

So, as I'm shopping around for a drysuit now, I just realized that Chuck Taylors are the old style high-top basketball shoes!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but why are they better than a dedicated dive boot??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom