Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casio GW500A-1V G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch

I don't wear a watch normally, but when I started the DM training, I knew I needed one. Since then, I've worn it on every dive. It's handy when traveling as well. Never even one second off atomic time. Best $60 I've ever spent.

Everyone has different taste in watches which is tied directly to how much money you want to spend. I have a Citizen ecodrive that works for what I like. I wear it all the time, diving or not. I would like one of these someday.

basel-2009-rolex-submariner-116613lb-97203-gold-steel-blue-dial1.jpg

I wear a cheap Casio, but since the band won't fit around my wrist with a wetsuit on, I have it double wrapped around my BC inflator hose, right where it's easy to see. I also wear a manual depth gauge on my left wrist, next to my compass. My computer hangs on my lower left BC.

Citizen Ecodrive - it's also my everyday watch. I think I like it more for everyday use because it reminds me of being where I'd rather be than where I AM! I also dive with two computers (Datamask and Cobra).

My wife Debbie wears her watch on every dive. I wear mine on most, but I wear it under my wet suit cuff to avoid losing it or damage. Debbie does too, after a VERY strong surge off the coast of Maui peeled a velcro strap watch right off her wrist and took it to Japan or somewhere in that general direction. It is a good back up, and useful to time surface intervals, sometimes done by us in large part in the water. We also each carry a computer on every dive.
DivemasterDennis

Cressi Edy, it is my daily watch and is also a backup computer. Cressi has a watch band extender that works over wet and dry suits.

After 50+ years of diving, stuff accumulates. Note the Seiko "white monster"...

2.5# of Rooskie wrist weight:

Rolex? Meh....
A very happy client once gave me this (not the Toadfish), a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Bathyscaphe Trieste:

1 of 1,000

The current Gotta-have-it wristwatch in European dive magazines.... Swiss Made C11-MAK-TKY-Si C11 Makaira Elite 500 Ti Watch from Christopher Ward

Why Luminox advertised this in US Dive Magazines for $2,000, I couldn't figure out... Sea | Luminox

I agree with Insta-Gator,
it's all about getting to the boat on time
for multiple dives at Warm-Water-Pretty-Fish Island.

Last edited:
Sorry dmoore19, I have the big brother of the watch you show, the Rolex Deepsea, Sea Dweller which was a retirement gift. Actually rated to 12,800 foot, so far deeper than I will ever go - even in a submarine.

I always wear it, and use it as my daily timepiece including when I travel, so it is also with me when I dive. I wouldn't dream of leaving it in the car or dive shop/boat so I am sort of committed. That said I always know my NDL's for the depth I am diving and have made a habit of always using a watch as a backup with my depth gauge when I dive. - P

No. Computer on my right wrist; small SPG clipped off to a d-ring on my left chest; compass on my left wrist.

I could live with one compass and spg.

I don't think I have ever dived with just a computer for time and depth.

I dive with 2 computers and I still wear the ecodrive I have. Owning the submariner would be something I would like to do someday. But then I just like watches, I have several just haven't had the money to get a watch like that. Like I said. Someday................
Sorry dmoore19, I have the big brother of the watch you show, the Rolex Deepsea, Sea Dweller which was a retirement gift. Actually rated to 12,800 foot, so far deeper than I will ever go - even in a submarine.

I always wear it, and use it as my daily timepiece including when I travel, so it is also with me when I dive. I wouldn't dream of leaving it in the car or dive shop/boat so I am sort of committed. That said I always know my NDL's for the depth I am diving and have made a habit of always using a watch as a backup with my depth gauge when I dive. - P

Back
Top Bottom