Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corbo74

New
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this so here goes does anyone wear a watch while diving and if so what type or company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only as a backup bottom timer, along with a wrist depth gauge, in the event of computer failure. Any cheap water resistant watch with a backlight will do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I often don't bother to wear it as the strap is too short to wear on top of my 7mm high enough up my arm to be clear of the glove cuff. I could make it work if my computer failed and I needed to dive tables.

I do wear it in warm water with either bare arms or a rash guard.

Momentum M1 Pro

I got one a couple of years ago and after one trip, realized I never looked at it, only my computer. I still wear it for every day use, though.

No watch, neither does my SO. I do, on repetive dive day's, take a back-up computer with me.

I always wear a watch, usually a Seiko Monster or a Seiko SKX007. I also wear an Ecozilla on occasion or my cheapo Citizen diver as it is bullet proof and expendable and requires no care. N

Casio G-Shock. It's also my daily watch.

I have a citizen that goes everywhere with me.
Does depth and dive time so is a usefull backup bottom timer .

not sure what model but its around 12 years old and needs a battery and pressure test about every 2 years or 500 dives.

I always wear a watch. Usually it's a Sekio. For rec diving I actually use it in conjunction with a depth gauge as back up to my dive computer.

Last edited:
I wear a St. Moritz SLK.
Thin.
Titanium.
Cheap.
Sometimes I wear it over my exposure suit, sometimes under it.
and even though you are not supposed to push the buttons while submerged, I do.
It is now out of production, but there are countless options.

Chug
Cheap dive watch collector.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom