Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casio Pathfinder(s) for most working dives, in all conditions, and beyond recreational depths without any problems, and usually a Citizen aqualand on vacation.

In a wetsuit always wear a watch. In a drysuit, it's a pain in the butt and serves no usable purpose. Love my Zeagle and have a "few" others as I am into time!! GOPR0580.jpg

I'm not sure where to put this so here goes does anyone wear a watch while diving and if so what type or company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear my wrist watch under my 5 mm shorty when diving without gloves and over it, covered by the glove with the wirst a little extended. It's usefull when I need to end the dive at specific time. My PDC needs battery replacement once a year and the built in watch has a huge deviation (fast). Each battery replacement needs a time set.
The watch I use is a gift from my wife several years before I started diving, more that 20 years ago. It's an Orient quartz analog rated to 10 bar.

This one's good to 12,800 feet.

content.rolex.com.jpg
Rolex Deepsea, for those on a budget. A really big budget.

Seriously, I haven't worn a watch in probably a decade. I have a dive computer. At some point I'll be getting a second for backup. I don't think a watch as a tertiary timer would be of any benefit.

This...

701891F4-A5E7-4371-BE88-5D36F87A2AFB_zpsqwzkzc46.jpg

Or this..

RolexSub.jpg

i need a new battery or 2 for my watches.. at least 1 of them are purely sentimental at this point.. i normally don't even wear a watch above water, let alone below. the phone is more accurate timepiece (unless your watch is also set by a time server/cesium clock)

i need a new battery or 2 for my watches.. at least 1 of them are purely sentimental at this point.. i normally don't even wear a watch above water, let alone below. the phone is more accurate timepiece (unless your watch is also set by a time server/cesium clock)
You can find the atomic clock online and set it after that every now and then :wink:

In a wetsuit always wear a watch. In a drysuit, it's a pain in the butt and serves no usable purpose.

:confused::confused:

Care to elaborate?

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 08:16 AM ----------

i normally don't even wear a watch above water, let alone below. the phone is more accurate timepiece (unless your watch is also set by a time server/cesium clock)
Well, there are occasions when it would be impractical to use a mobile phone as a clock. And a quick glance at your wrist normally is a more unobtrusive way of checking the time than pulling up the phone and unlocking its screen.

Diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes. I still wear a watch topside, and have no plans of stopping doing that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom