Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right there with you! It probably deserves a thread of it's own... But as someone relatively new to boat diving, it cracks me up to see all of the cell phones making it onto the boat. Mine stays in the car, or back at the house for diving.
Right. All those phones are for people getting GPS coordinates of secret dive sites in order to pass them on. Now there's another (old) thread.

Doxa, it's what serious divers wear.:eyebrow:

Doxa5000TCarib1.jpg

My Omega 42mm Planet Ocean doesn't leave my wrist until I go to sleep, and it makes a good backup to my Petrels.

I wouldn't get one if all I wanted was a dive watch, but having it as my daily timepiece means not needing a separate watch for diving.

Attachments

• Omega.jpg
    Omega.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 204
My Omega 42mm Planet Ocean doesn't leave my wrist until I go to sleep, and it makes a good backup to my Petrels.

I wouldn't get one if all I wanted was a dive watch, but having it as my daily timepiece means not needing a separate watch for diving.

I have the orange bezel one and the glare off the bezel was so bad that the time markers are illegible.

I presume that you don't have the same problem with your black bezel?

PlanetOceaninaction.jpg

I just want one of these...
Duometre_a_Spherotourbillon_1.jpg
just too bad they are no good for diving :/

I'm not sure where to put this so here goes does anyone wear a watch while diving and if so what type or company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely......100% of time....been doing that 1985---some good habits are hard to break...In fact, as a stocking stuffer, wife ordered me a new one of these(link below), been using that exact style since about 1989 or so...They're so cheap(less than 30 bucks to your doorstep), I just use it as a disposable one---don't ever change a battery or a wrist band....

images

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-DW290-1...1&keywords=Casio+DW290-1V+Men's+Classic+watch

Can you put them in a waterproof case and strap it to your BC?
Hahaha, probably.. I think Ill pass for now though given the $200k pricetag..

I have the orange bezel one and the glare off the bezel was so bad that the time markers are illegible.

I presume that you don't have the same problem with your black bezel?

Nope, especially underwater it's got great contrast and doesn't have glare issues. I may see about having Omega put the liquid metal ceramic bezel on it when it goes back for service in a couple years, though, as I hear those are both more durable and less reflective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom