Does anyone use a Scuba Dive flag float?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heath74

Reaction score
Just a question for you guys out there. Does anyone use one of these? If you do not know what this is you can go to this site onlinescuba.com and go to the accessories section then to dive float flag.

Thanks,
Heath

Absolutely!

If I didn't the jet ski's wouldn't know where to circle.

If any one has a good supply of small torpedoes or limpit mines I would be interested in making a purhase. :wink:

Absolutely!!!

Originally posted by gadget

They circle you, eh? Over our way they use ours for a slalom course.

If any one has a good supply of small torpedoes or limpit mines I would be interested in making a purhase. :wink:

If you find a source, let me know. Maybe we can get a volume discount. :D

I use them sometimes when required by law but I prefer not to as they seem to attract morons on personal watercraft. When I do use them they work ok.

Scott

I have one of the crappy styrophoam float flags. They are required by law in MN. The innertube ones are better though because they aren't as easy to pull underwater if you don't let out enough line.

Absolutely!

I love this answer!

I use one if I'm drift diving, or shore diving anywhere where there's a possibility of boat traffic. Though I think like Gadget, sometime I think is just a lure for boats.

Picture this, a small group of divers (4-6) are mapping a wreck in about 30ft of water in the Ottawa River. Each team has a flag/float. What happens? Some turkey decides to play "dodge the flags". Fortuantely no one was hurt. (I wasn't with this group when it happen)

I use a flag also. The inner tub type is best IMHO. Like the others I've been buzzed by the PWC'ers. So like gadget, I'm in the market for some small torpedo's. Seriously though--I teach part of boating safety class and I bring one the flags and stress the importance to the class members the importance of staying away from the flag. I encourage to stay at least 200 feet away.

Yea i like everyone else here use a flag.Gives the boaters something to steal while im exploring.Half the time it seems to attract boaters as they follow me around trying to figure out where the bubbles are coming from.I wont dare attach it to me for fear of being pulled to the surface or dragged behind a boat.I have been waiting for one to pull a gun and start shooting at the bubbles trying to land some kind of river monster.On second thought maybe i should ditch the flag.Might be safer.I need one that says diver below.I dont think many of them understand the flag.A buddy of mine came to the surface one time only to find a beer can shoved over the top of his flag pole.I couldnt help but to snicker a bit.

I have this nice mushroom anchor tied to a poly rope..

I have been lucky I have only seen a dive flag salomed through, my friend imediatly went to the Sherif and reported the fellow and it was taken care of

it is better to err on the side of safty and use one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom