Does anyone know what times the Cozumel ferry leaves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slcdiver

New
Reaction score
I'm trying to plan our dives in Cozumel and need to know if we should leave the night before to arrive in time for a morning dive. All the websites say either 6:00 and 8:00 am departures from Playa, but a few say 7:00 and I don't know which is more current. Has anyone been there recently?? Can you tell me when the ferries are running? I'll be there the 25th of August. Thanks! :confused:

...I just got back from staying in Playa and doing my diving in Cozumel. The ferry leaves Playa at 6am, 8am, 9am, 10 am, noon, 2pm, 4, 6, 8pm.

From Cozumel back to Playa: 6am, 8, 9, 10, 11, 1pm, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 11pm. If you like I can email you the website.

It depends on when your dive boat leaves in the morning. Let me know if I can be of any help. What dive op are you using?

Thanks for the ferry info! We'll be using Aqua Safari to dive and I think the plan (given the fact that we'd have to leave Cancun at 4:30 to make it on time) is to go the night before and do an inexpensive B&B so we're not rushed and tired in the morning. Any suggestions for B&B's?

I have dove Cozumel twice in the last month. I stayed in Cozumel at Village Tan Kah in mid July and a few weeks later stayed in Playa del Carmen(all inclusive)....having to ferry over to dive. To say the least, it was so much easier and more convenient to be lodging in Cozumel. It was a pain in the *** to get a cab, catch the ferry and lug my gear from Playa to the dive shop in Cozumel. If you do a search for it here on the scubaboard
you'll find a really good write up about it. I believe the rooms/cottages were about $60/night. They have a small breakfast provided in the morning around 7am. If your looking for omelets and a stack of pancakes, then this is probably not the place for you. It's very quaint and small. It will be a little south of Aqua Safari, if I remember correctly. That is the only recomendation I have. I will def stay there again when I go back to Cozumel. They also have a dive shop right across the street called, Scuba Shack.

www.cozumel.net/bb/village_tankah/html

Depends which ferry:

Ultramar's new fast (~20" crossing time) ferry goes at:

PDC-->Coz 8am,10am,12pm,2pm,4pm,6pm,8pm & 10pm.

Coz-->PDC 7am,9am,11am,1pm,3pm,5pm,7pm,9pm, everyday.

Aviomar's (~35-40" crossing time) schedule is:

PDC-->Coz 6am, 8am, 9am, 10 am, noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm.

Coz -->PDC: 6am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 9pm, and 11pm.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom