Does anyone know a divemaster Scott?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I took all of my classes with him and I still havnt received my temporary card or my actuall cert. and he left my lds that we payed for so I still need to contact him so I can get my cert. and so that my dad can finish his classes.

If anyone knows him please pm his number

I forgot his last name :D :D he lives in the south florida pompano region

Great Instructor though made me feel in my classes like ive dived before with him!!!

Did you pay Scott directly, or through the LDS? If through the shop, they should a) track him down for you, b) retrain/retest at no additional charge, or c) refund your money.

I sure hope you didn't take your classes with a divemaster!!! A divemaster can't certify you to dive. Only an instructor can certify you. Didn't Divers Direct know where he is? Did you pay Scott directly, or did you pay the shop? If you paid the shop, they should handle your paperwork and C-card for you.

Kind of surprised no one mentioned this one yet ;-) But if Scott is a Divemaster, he cannot teach you to dive. He is not an instructor. I am assuming that you meant that Scott is an instructor?
If you took the classes through an LDS then you should contact them to get everything finalized. You paid them correct? Not Scott? If that is the case then that is who you should start with to get it resolved. They should also know Scott's last name and his Instructor ID# etc.
Not sure how long it has been since you took your classes but it can take several weeks to get your card.
Also not sure what you meant by "my dad has an old cert so i can still go on beach dives but no boat dives"
If your dad is certified then he can dive shore, boat, whatever and it should make no difference unless the dive op requires something different which I personally have never seen happen unless it is a more difficult dive and they are requiring AOW, etc?

lorien:
Kind of surprised no one mentioned this one yet ;-) But if Scott is a Divemaster, he cannot teach you to dive.

Oops, I guess my post above yours went into stealth mode. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom