Does anyone here have a problem about wearing booties???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep looking. There are lots of different designs, one of them is bound to be comfortable. Thick/thin soles, high/low cut, zipper/no zipper, various thickness. What exactly is not comfortable about your boots? Someone here can probably help you find something you like.

I like mine, they keep my feet warm.....

Gets some cold up here abouts :D

I haven't had any problems wearing booties, except the usual that they are a "bear" to put on. BUT my daughter-in-law, who has just taken up diving has a real problem. She had some ligament work done on her ankle and she needs to wear one size on her right foot and a size larger on her left because of a small flexible brace that she uses to dive. Anybody know how to get a size 9 right and a size 10 left, without having to buy 2 pairs of booties? Is there a secret group of mismatched booties out there that needs a good home :tease:?

but I did have one pair that I came to hate because I felt there was not enough structure to the heel area. We all have our preferences, so shop around, but take your fins with you to the store to make sure they will be a good fit.

After a good climb on the rocks, I learned to love thick booties with boot-like soles. If you dive where you don't need 'em, more power to you.

:dazzle: My feet get wet...... :eek:ut:

Rich :wink:

Hi emeyer36,
My husband needs surgery eventually, what kind of soft brace does she wear? Is it a lace up? I wondered if it would help him to use his while diving. His ankle gets really sore after a while.
Dawn

The latest issue of Scuba Diving mag. rated 11 fins. In the end the team felt that full foot fins were better overall than adjustable fins.
The reason I tell you this is that I quite like wearing a pair of socks with full foot fins - very comfy and , it may be psychological, I find the socks keep my feet warmer than without.
However, with this said I still wear adjustable fins because the water is too cold up here and I need booties until late summer, early fall when the water finally heats up to about 75.
What I hate about booties is the zipper is hard to close up near the top because I have calves unlike the super models they were probably designed for. Oh well they do keep me warm and that's most important.
Good luck in your search!!!

Scubamom (that's what my kids call me)

Never had a problem with boots. I use open heel fins and they would be uncomfortable without boots. Also big benefit when you're shore diving and the bottom surface is rough and/or there are critters with spines in the sand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom