Adding Pull Tab to Drysuit neoprene booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Morning All,

Always having a hard time getting the last few inches of my drysuit booties/socks pulled onto my feet. Since they are neoprene I was thinking I could glue some neoprene pull tabs onto them above where my rockboots end.

Would aquaseal be enough for that or will I need to glue, sew, seal and tape? If the latter, any recommendations on good videos to watch to learn how?

why not try the "old school" trick of a plastic bag to help slide your feet into them?

It's not that the feet won't go in, I just can't get a grip on the boot to pull it on. Get a grip and the feet slide right in.

why not try the "old school" trick of a plastic bag to help slide your feet into them?

I replace the laces with bungee, easier to get the opening loose enough for my foot, easy to pull tight and use a spring slider to lock it.

I replace the laces with bungee, easier to get the opening loose enough for my foot, easy to pull tight and use a spring slider to lock it.
Hey Lexvil,

Good idea on teh rockboots.

My problem is with the neoprene "socks" on the drysuit. Just can't get enough of a grip on them to pull them up the last few inches. That's why I'm looking to add the tabs to the sock portion.

Hey Lexvil,

Good idea on teh rockboots.

My problem is with the neoprene "socks" on the drysuit. Just can't get enough of a grip on them to pull them up the last few inches. That's why I'm looking to add the tabs to the sock portion.
I don’t see where that will cause any problem. I usually just grab the suit material just below the knee and pull the sock tight but a tab should work ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom