Does anyone dive with tables anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me? When I rarely find myself in the area where there are dive resorts, I tend to shore dive, or rent a boat and go my own way.

Can also dive with a DM who can care less as long as you tip at the end of the trip. :)

The last DM that I can remember enjoying a dive with was Wayne Hasson when he was a DM at Casa Bermar (next door to Sunset House), that'll give you an idea of how long ago that was.

The last DM that I can remember enjoying a dive with was Wayne Hasson when he was a DM at Casa Bermar (next door to Sunset House), that'll give you an idea of how long ago that was.

Is that saying Wayne Hasson didn't care as a DM? :)

No, that's saying that Wayne was swift enough to make a dive with me and then leave me pretty much alone except when he dove with me so that we could share some fun.

No, and nope.

Any way one slices it, fifteen hundred for a recreational dive computer is nuts. Those of you who misspent that kind of money on one can defend it all day, but it really makes no good sense.

Expensive doesn't mean overpriced. DUI suits are expensive but they are not overpriced for what you are getting.

How do you know? Aren't you a bit judgmental here? Do you consider that this is a personal choice that one is paying extra for features beyond safety? Maybe some features of the more expensive computer would add to his safety based on HIS circumstance (bigger display, easier to use/read, etc.)?

As a dive guide, to share a funny(?) experience about dive computers. In Mexico guiding 60 cruise ship 'divers' a day, I observed during my dive brief,a nice lady opening a small box with a brand new Suunto D6 dive computer,reading the instructions on the way the the dive site which was only ten minutes away. After putting her fins on for her AND the 30+lbs/15 kilo weght belt,she back rolled out of the boat & she actually enjoyed the two timed 30 minute/40' max. dives that day for $200usd including my tip! Then dive boat comes ashore,I take my tank off & board the next dive boat waiting on me to arrive,the process starts all over again everyday during the high season. Yes, the experiences continue and the fools rush in.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

No, and nope.

Any way one slices it, fifteen hundred for a recreational dive computer is nuts. Those of you who misspent that kind of money on one can defend it all day, but it really makes no good sense.

I do want to thank you for coming in here and setting all of us straight on the threshold of "reasonable". Anything more expensive than your computer is an indication of a mind without reason...got it! Sheesh...you don't think too much of yourself do ya. :shakehead:

No, and nope.

I suppose it is better not to tell you that one of my computers is over $2000 so you won't get a heart attack. I'll keep it to myself then.

No, and nope.

Send me $300 and I will go buy a computer that suits you. Until then I will spend my money on what I want.

its starting to look like "big computers to make up for small.....um...never mind....:cool2:

:rofl3:

:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom