Does anybody know what brand these fins are?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Z

Zero52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Can somebody please identify these fins? It seems to say SOHO on the bottom but can’t seem to find any info on them. Thanks

Attachments

• B2BBBAB0-9668-48FA-AD6F-9F8F58F347ED.jpeg
    B2BBBAB0-9668-48FA-AD6F-9F8F58F347ED.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 116
1640620735776.jpeg

1640620880120.jpeg

Thanks, @АлександрД. If it weren't for the slightly concave fin tip, I would definitively have identified these fins as a TF-JS120 model made by a Taiwan Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for somebody else's brand. An example is the Holo fin above made in Taiwan for the HeleiWaho brand. Images above showing the underside with the centre rib and the widened blade that appear similar to the picture @Zero52 has posted, but the fin has a slightly convex tip.
1640621183599.jpeg

1640621201543.jpeg
My second thought, triggered by the raised printing on the heel was that the fin might be a Dacor Corda (see above), which has a slightly concave tip but a narrower blade. I've seen a Dacor Corda in black or blue, but I have never seen one in yellow.

Intriguing puzzle. I wish I could see the top side of the fin for further identification possibilities. They look like the kind of full-foot fins I would enjoy snorkelling with.

1640626280562.jpeg
I'm going to have a second bite at the apple, and I'm now more confident about this possible identification of the fins. What I should have done first is check the subforum the thread was in: South Korea. Therein lies the clue that led me to this solution. Look at the fin at the left of the picture above. You have the raised lettering, the two small holes, the slight concave blade tip.

I collect basic gear and a while ago I purchased a snorkelling mask on eBay from a Korean seller. The mask came in a good old-fashioned cardboard box. The top was printed with the words "DAIHAN DIVING MASK" in English and "대한 황대 수경" in Korean, while one of the flaps featured the following imagery:
img310-jpg-551548-jpg.555455
These pictures led me to do a little online research into the Daihan Diving Sports company that had manufactured the article:
img662-jpg-551559-jpg.555456
I located some Korean online retailers stocking the masks pictured left and centre on the middle line and centre and right on the bottom line:
ee0185873-jpg-54876-jpg.555457
d6f72d8d6_1-jpg-54879-jpg.555458
I then proceeded to see what I could find out about the top line of images of fins made by the company. No luck this time on the retail front, but then I chanced upon pictures of the Haenyeo "Sea Women" of Korea who dive for seafood off the island of Jeju and earn their living by selling their catch to dealers and restaurants:
1640626649949.jpeg
From my perspective, these yellow full-foot fins are clearly the same as those pictured on the top line left and centre on the mask box flap. They may also well be the fins in your picture. I would love to learn more about these yellow, possibly Daihan Diving Sports, fins and I am always on the look out for a pair my size. If this helps you continue your search for information, please report back with what you have found out. I eventually drew a blank when researching online, but perhaps you will be luckier if you ever happen to set foot in South Korea.

Ok thanks for all the help @АлександрД and @David Wilson much appreciated. Those definitely are the fins in the first image I read clearly the lettering SOHO on the bottom of the foot pocket. Now trying to find a pair is certainly a task of its own.
If you succeed, Zero52, please let us know. I for one am interested in obtaining a pair, preferably in yellow to match my Korean Daihan dive mask, but black will do if that colour proves unavailable! Only the Haenyeo women of Jeju Island seem to have them, which makes me wonder whether the fins might be out of production in South Korea.

Yes of course, unfortunately I don’t have any plans of visiting South Korea any time soon. Also I have had the same thoughts that they may have been put out of production.

A little off topic but another brand I was trying to find more info about but have had no luck was a Uruguayan brand called Aquagom. I recall it from a thread of yours from 2010. As well I have found a retailer other than Mercadolibre called Laraqueta. I was wondering if you’ve received any feedback since 2010. Thanks

Aquagom fins, made in Uruguay

Yes of course, unfortunately I don’t have any plans of visiting South Korea any time soon. Also I have had the same thoughts that they may have been put out of production.

A little off topic but another brand I was trying to find more info about but have had no luck was a Uruguayan brand called Aquagom. I recall it from a thread of yours from 2010. As well I have found a retailer other than Mercadolibre called Laraqueta. I was wondering if you’ve received any feedback since 2010. Thanks

Aquagom fins, made in Uruguay
Good job finding that retailer, La Raqueta, for the Uruguayan Aquagom brand fins (below). I have recorded the URL in my computer archives. No, no feedback about the fins since 2010. I was beginning to think I was the only person with an interest in rare underwater swim gear made in remote countries.:)

1641412197516.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom