Do you wear a dive watch? (not computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man that c60 is sweet.
The utility of a dive watch for actual diving isn't really nessasary as computers out preform in every measurable.

That said when i dive in a tropical location i always wear my watch as its 1 satisfying and 2 less likely to go missing from my wrist than from my dive bag well im underwater.

I run dive charters up in the Great Lakes and often use the bezel to mark the start of my clients dives.

We noticed a few vintage dive watches on the wrists of manufacture reps and long time industry professionals at the dema show this past year.

My advice would be, although not nessasary dont be afraid to dive with your dive watch

Attachments

• 20230709_093900.jpg
    20230709_093900.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230709_094052.jpg
    20230709_094052.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 73
That said when i dive in a tropical location i always wear my watch as its 1 satisfying
This - exactly - I wouldn't wear it to replace the function of the computer, it's just satisfying and something enjoyable about wearing it for it's designed purpose, however unnecessary given the dive computer.

Dive watches look better under water.

I just have a regular Apple watch, so I don't take that with me when I go diving. I do like to have a watch on, though, so I have a Casio that I wear. Only thing I use it for when diving is to record my starting tank pressure so I can log it - if I start with 3100 psi, I put the bezel on 31 after the hour. The Peregrine does all the actual diving work.

Sometimes I wear it when I'm not diving; it's just a cheap Casio, but it still looks a little nicer than an Apple watch.

... I have a Casio that I wear. Only thing I use it for when diving is to record my starting tank pressure so I can log it - if I start with 3100 psi, I put the bezel on 31 ...
Clever!

rx7diver

Lefty here, too, @fullytek. My Steinhart is the only wristwatch (other than a Casio G-Shock), ever, that I have been able to keep from getting smashed up! I think this is because it's the first wristwatch that I began wearing on my right wrist from the outset.

rx7diver

Missing my old Telux in this picture...
PXL_20240227_180413053.jpg

There is something that just feels right wearing one on a dive...

Missing my old Telux in this picture...View attachment 829065

There is something that just feels right wearing one on a dive...
Agreed! I've worn a Timex Ironman Triathalon Shockproof watch in the past, but am looking for the right dive watch. Mostly to be a desk diver, but to also take under.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom