Do you think these Tusa fins fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Pasic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Kind of a silly question but wanting to know if you think these Tusa fins fit? They are a size medium and I am a size 8 mens US

The heel seems like its hanging over a bit... Seems snug tho... Usually wear closed heel fins so unsure.

Thanks for the input!

IMG00003-20120808-2227.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00003-20120808-2227.jpg
    IMG00003-20120808-2227.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG00004-20120808-2228.jpg
    IMG00004-20120808-2228.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 91
Mine hang over a bit to. You just don't want them so tight that they cut off your circulation or too loose that the fins flop around causing blistering. I do wear sole boots with my fins though.

I had similar questions on fin fit (see my topic with photos here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...ly-getting-ow-certified-question-fin-fit.html ), but I actually hopped in the chat room and got advice that way. They asked me if there was too much play if I wiggled side to side, and mine ended up being pretty sturdy. The fins that were one size smaller had my heels sticking out way too much, but these seem just right. :)

According to the PADI OW manual and my instructors, the top edge of the foot pocket should meet your foot where your ankle meets your leg (or something like that), and yours seems to fit just fine. However, I'm still new, so I would wait for more responses.

Looking at the size chart on TUSA's website, it seems that size 8 is right in the middle of the Medium size range...

If it feels fine kicking, you should be fine. A quarter of my bootie hangs out my Jet fin (much more than what you have). On the other hand, my whole bootie sits about 0.5cm into my Scubamax Aero fin; which means I have to tighten the straps down to the brink.

I think it looks fine to me and the Tusa size chart says so too.

What you don't want in a fin is too little bootie sticking into it, such as up to the balls of your feet (your toe joints). You'll get feet cramps from having to bend your toes to get leverage in your fin kicks.
You also don't want to have too much bootie into the fin. You won't be able to tighten the straps enough, or find spring straps that fit.

i tried 3 total fins and these were the best out of the 3.. great performance and helps relieve pressure on my feet which have a minor injury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom