• yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • yes

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel f aleman:
Actually, the current group of Mods are the best ever. Really.

i agree

some good things happening in the back room

the less we see of the Mods in action the better, and this bunch is great at keeping a low profile

(which is why any rule change that cuts down in Mod intervention is a good thing ... hint hint :wink:)

Missdirected:
as you seem so very lost;
Me? Lost? You are not serious, right?

Missdirected:
I did not question Pete as an owner :no
Yes you did. You questioned the ability to moderate and morality of some MODs whom he has chosen to be Mods. The conclusion is simple.

Missdirected:
Anyone who is tasked with the hiring and firing of people has the same issues to deal with. It is a given Mania, not something made up.
I know this. I'm responsible for 30 people in my office. How many people you have beneath you? For how many of them you are the boss?
I hire and fire them. Good leader is the one who knows who to hire and who to fire. And does it. You don't have to tell me this, really. I have fired quite a bunch of people in my life, despite the fact whether I liked them or not. They were simply not fitted to do the job they were suppose to.
Still - you don't know Pete. He is a very good leader because - with due respect to you - he knows better than you whom he wants to have as a MOD.

Missdirected:
One last thing; I did not use the word "worthless".
Did I?

Missdirected:
why some just may not be able to fulfill the duty of mod.
Are you the HR Director here to judge? Or the owner of the board?
Missdirected:
Remember it is a heck of a responsibility.
You are telling ME???? Just a small reminder - I'm a Mod here so I do know how much responsibility it is. Do you know? I also know how hard it is. And how hard ALL Mods work. And sometimes how unfair few users are.

As you can see even in this thread you are just the only one really complaining. It should make you thinking, don't you think so?

Being a Mod means always that each of us has friends and enemies here. Because sometimes we have to make decision someone would not like. And still we really try to moderate only when it's necessary. I'm probably the last one to over moderate. After all what Pete keeps on repeating - we are here for fun. Miss D, do you have fun while being here? If yes - this is what is the most important. Stick to it. Cheer up and have fun.
Mania

A fact.

It matters not whether you support a Mod or not. What matters is that the board of advisors supports the moderator, and that NetDoc supports the board of advisors.

the K

Actually, I'll sign off on this post as . . .

The Kraken

The Kraken:
A fact.

It matters not whether you support a Mod or not. What matters is that the board of advisors supports the moderator, and that NetDoc supports the board of advisors.

the K

Actually, I'll sign off on this post as . . .

The Kraken

This, too, has been discussed before. Whether we like it or not, this is a private enterprise. The owner (or his appointed) makes the rules and, to paraphrase a famous line from the movie Lawrence of Arabia, Lt. Lawrence takes orders from lord Faisal in Faisal's tent.

Pete or a mod can turn me off if they don't like what I post. That is their privilege and my risk. I accept that risk, just as I accept risk every time I duck my head beneath the water's surface.

I do wish that they would always have the courtesy to explain, at least privately, to me when they do.

TheRedHead:
I have a feeling that if you unbuttoned with a few drinks, you could get some action. :D

Please post a pre-message warning before you say these things. I snorted coke (sorry, Coca-cola) all over my keyboard. It's bad for the keyboard AND the nose. Maybe I just have a warped sense of humor, but I was LMAO.

Art

(The Borq Queen is not to draw any inferrences from my post).

garyfotodiver:
This, too, has been discussed before. Whether we like it or not, this is a private enterprise. The owner (or his appointed) makes the rules and, to paraphrase a famous line from the movie Lawrence of Arabia, Lt. Lawrence takes orders from lord Faisal in Faisal's tent.

Pete or a mod can turn me off if they don't like what I post. That is their privilege and my risk. I accept that risk, just as I accept risk every time I duck my head beneath the water's surface.

I do wish that they would always have the courtesy to explain, at least privately, to me when they do.

Gary,

Thank you for your post. I feel exactly as you. I serve at the pleasure of the person who owns the board. If, at this very moment, he asked me to step down from my official position, I would do so, without question or comment. This is only a web site. It has no effect upon the overall outcome of my life other than the fact that I can learn from others in ways to dive more safely and extend my diving career and my life.

I do not own this board. I do not own a thread. I do not own a forum. I have read the forum TOS and try, to the best of my ability and without prejudice or preference, to abide by that to which I have agreed.

I do not seek favor, and I do not take exceptence to disfavor.

I simply endeavour to do the best I can given the responsibilities that I accepted as a VOLUNTEER servant of ScubaBoard.com.

The Kraken

Marvel:
Oh, we'll have to rectify that- can't let Chip feel as if he is slipping! :rofl3:

(looking for a post to send Lynne)

As hard as AB works, he deserves the occasional vacation.

BTW, I knew #3 was the right one to pick. I'm so mainstream.....

deepstops:
BTW, I knew #3 was the right one to pick. I'm so mainstream.....

I thought for multi-guess questions, recently #3 has fallen out of favor and now #2 should be used (just in case there's a True/False question) :huh:

stu_in_fl:
I thought for multi-guess questions, recently #3 has fallen out of favor and now #2 should be used (just in case there's a True/False question) :huh:

So you're saying #2 is the new #3? You might very well be on to something with that :wink:

Back
Top Bottom