• yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • yes

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many times yes but quite often no. I find too many lack the ability to carry out the the task of moderator. Some I believe, really do try but often just can't do it, perhaps they just don't have enough time or the job is a bit overwhelming :ne_nau: Other times, they are unable to be unbiased in their thinking - even when it comes to the greater good of SB. Bottom line, too many are given a job that quite simply they lack the skill in carrying out and/or lack the moral integrity. Further you will find others will often cover for them. Making situations evens sadder.

That said, there are a great few that do a most outstanding job. They truly deserve accolades - daily. They bust their booty's to do the best they can. More often than not, they put the greater good of the board above their personal agendas. They see other mods as peers, they work with them, and they strive to really make SB the best it can be :D They care. Trust me those I speak highly of haven't always agreed with me but they are fair, honest, hardworking, and they care. They see/strive to see the bigger picture and the greater good. They have my utmost respect.

Recently, someone in the back room said to me essentially not to push them that they would follow the rules of TOS and the greater good good of SB... Funny thing, that angered me as that is all I had been asking all along. No favors, no nothing, just honesty and fairness.

Why is this in humor?

I see that my vote has placed me simultaneously in the vast majority and the minority.

What an apolling thought.

Most mods are MARVELous, a few are not.

Thanks Mark...

I must say that MOST of the friction between any member and a mod is almost always due to a misunderstanding. For the VAST MAJORITY of the time, our mods (both past and present) have done a remarkable job in being fair.

Of course if there is a time when a user feels that a Mod has abused their priveleges. If that ever happens to YOU, please PM, e-mail or call me about it. Of course, you can always use abuse@ScubaBoard.com. Here at ScubaBoard the entire VOLUNTEER staff of mods is dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible.

BTW, this is in "Humor" because Mark wanted it to be. Should he change his mind he can always request to have it moved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom