Do you remove your 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here's the scenario. Boat dive. 80 ft wreck dive. No penetration. No deco. Warm waters. Do you swap your 7' hose for a shorter hose or do you keep the 7' hose on? If you swap the hose, which length do you pick? If you don't swap, state reason.

Nope no swapping of hose.

I am so use to having it I do not see any reason in swapping. Even if I am only doing a lazy easy dive. It is part of my overal configuration.

Safe dives
Stephen

PerroneFord:
Swap for what?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I'm in the process of buying a long hose but am nowhere near doing penetration dives or overhead dives. I understand the 7' hose is needed on penetrations. For the types of diving I do now, I'm probably going to get a 5' hose and keep it on. It will be a couple years before I get into penetrations.

I just got back from a trip to Cuba, all single tank, no penetration dives, and I left my 7 foot hose on simply because I'm used to it, and it was less of a hassle that way. Just pack up the reg and go. I don't find it gets in the way at all.

The 7ft hose works for OW as well as penetration. The 5ft hose is harder to manage, especially if you are not petite. I tried to go with the 5ft hose for OW on my singles setup. It's gathering dust in the corner.

The 5' hose is fine, but I don't think you'd notice any difference in ease of routing with a 7' hose, so why not just save some money and get the longer hose now (no you do NOT need a can light; if not using one, just route it under a pair of shears)? Those two feet can make air shares more comfortable, penetration or no penetration. But really, either is fine.

PerroneFord:
The 5ft hose is harder to manage, especially if you are not petite.

I'm 5'4". Is that petite? Almost everything I wear is size small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom