Do you prefer black skirt or clear skirt mask?

Do you prefer black skirted mask or clear skirted mask?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be buying a new mask in the next couple of weeks and I am really confused on which color skirt I Should get on my mask. So I thought I would do a survey to see what type of skirting other SBers prefer.

Let me know what type of skirt you have on your mask and what kind of diving you do with it.

I am looking at possibly getting the Tusa Liberator, or the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes with the black skirt. They are only about $20- $30 at my LDS and I figured if I dont like the Black skirt then atleat I didnt spend $70 on it!

I started with a clear skirt and moved to a black skirt allows less light in throiugh the sides and allows me to focus better. . . I have mild ADHD. . . oh look at the shiny thingy over there.

BLACK....for sure.

and it doesn't look cruddy with time....

Black

1st - Doesn't yellow...doesn't seem like a big deal but I hate when my gear looks old and worn out because of the yellowed silicone

2nd - Usually softer = better fit

The two arguments I hear most often for clear is that it lets more light in, not always a good thing and that they can see through it. I can't make out anything through yellowed silicone so I can't say that is a big plus for me

Black. Coordinates with all my other stuff. :D

If the clear skirts were actully clear and you could see through them then they'd be great. But they are not clear, only translucent. They let in light which bounces off the back side of the glass and reduces contrast. It's a small effect but why put up with it.

Have you ever cupped your hands around your face to kill reflections so you could look inside a window? A black skirt does the same thing.

I don't care... I have used both, doesn't make a difference.

dhampton82:
I will be buying a new mask in the next couple of weeks and I am really confused on which color skirt I Should get on my mask. So I thought I would do a survey to see what type of skirting other SBers prefer.

Let me know what type of skirt you have on your mask and what kind of diving you do with it.

I am looking at possibly getting the Tusa Liberator, or the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes with the black skirt. They are only about $20- $30 at my LDS and I figured if I dont like the Black skirt then atleat I didnt spend $70 on it!

Black here. You can get a free Cressi-sub big eyes mask from Amazon.com. You just have to get a free Chase CC and get $30 off first order. I ordered 3 masks today and basically got 1 free plus 2 dollars off the second.:D

loosebits:
I don't care... I have used both, doesn't make a difference.

I second that amigo. Besides, when a clear skirt aint so clear anymore, you can use it as an excuse with the wife to get a new mask...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom