Do you prefer black skirt or clear skirt mask?

Do you prefer black skirted mask or clear skirted mask?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with a clear mask but changed over to a black and will not use clear again. The clear yellows over time and the black is easier to see out of.

My very first mask in 1971 was a US Divers Pacifica with a black "rubber" skirt. When the skirt began to fail I opted for the US Divers Maui with the clear (well, not really) silicon skirt. Loved the fit and feel of that mask and babied the life out of it so that it would last forever.

Reality bites and it didn't last forever. Somewhere along the way I got older and needed reading glasses (GO FIGURE!!) but I had gotten LASIK so my distance vision was perfect. So ...the search began for an equally comfortable mask that could be equipped with magnifying lenses. Tried several and finally locked in on the H20 Optics mask with the diopter lenses (1.5X) and a black skirt. Can't believe how much better the black skirt is in terms of sharpness and clarity. Must be due to the limiting of extraneous light coming in the from the sides.

I'm a believer. Went black and will never go back !!

'Slogger

Y'all just want to look like --- BATMAN!

batman2.jpg

:joke:

ok, everyone convinced me. I got a Cressi-Sub Big Eyes. Black on black. I dont think I will ever go back to clear!!

Oh yea, and I feel like bat-man wearing it!

dhampton82:
ok, everyone convinced me. I got a Cressi-Sub Big Eyes. Black on black. I dont think I will ever go back to clear!!

Oh yea, and I feel like bat-man wearing it!

I love my black on black Big Eyes...good choice!:D

I just bought an AquaLung Mythos with the black skirt. I mostly bought it because it fits good and is low volume with big lenses... but the black and dark blue coordinates with my other gear, looks cool, and as everyone knows, once you go black, you never go back!

Photo guys should really look into a HydroOptix mask.. in fact, anyone should.. its got NO FRAME and peripherial is 100% all the way around. It's like not wearing a mask at all really :)

CBulla:
Photo guys should really look into a HydroOptix mask.. in fact, anyone should.. its got NO FRAME and peripherial is 100% all the way around. It's like not wearing a mask at all really :)

How much do those run? $$$

Back
Top Bottom