Do you know what a haggis is?

Do you know what a haggis is?

• A small bird that lives in the highlands of Scotland that has lost the use of its wings

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • A traditional Scottish dish made from sheep's stomach lining filled with oats, sheep's liver, onions

Votes: 85 93.4%
  • A small animal not dissimilar to a duck-billed platypus that lives in the highlands of Scotland whic

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a toilet plunger for obvious reasons!

HarleyDiver once bubbled...
It takes one full bottle of scotch to properly eat haggis....

1/2 the bottle to get stupid enough to taste the crap, then the other half to wash the taste out of your mouth.:wacko:

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
I know of two games called shinty. Which one are you talking about.
Only one I know of is a favorite on Skye.. a bit like ice hockey only rougher. (and without the ice)
Rick :)

I think you should be VERY careful with your unkind words about the Haggis.

After all, your contribution to world cuisine so far is the corn dog.

I just did a straw poll here in the office:

(firstly we are a mixture of all the northern european countries; Luxembourg, france, belgium, netherlands, german together with a brit and a portugese)

from the 24 people here in the lab, they all knew what Haggis was (nobody was tricked by short legs:( ).

But what suprised me was that from the 24, 9 had actually eaten the stuff...................................

this must be some form of record..............

Scuba Jim: don't be too harsh on the yanks, they did give us hormone reared beef, genetically modified sweetcorn (and soya) afterall

Jon T

the last post reminds me of a poll taken when we went for Christmas lunch in the height of the second BSE scare in the mid 90's - our team went to a restaurant about 15 of us and the choices were traditional, steak (our friend from Aberdeen) or fish - no one was even close as it was 14 of us!!!

Never understood why people eat turkey - it is so boring and tasteless....:boom:

Jonathan once bubbled...
Never understood why people eat turkey - it is so boring and tasteless....:boom:

Certainly the american feast of thanksgiving has turkey for only one reason...... one-up-manship.

I know several American families in this corner of the world, and they spend every thanksgiving tring to be the family with the biggest turkey.... Ooh err missus - mines bigger than yours..............

Last year it got up to about 20Kgs for the biggest (44Lbs!!!!!!!!!!) and they all seem to try and outdo one another with the number of people they invite. :eek:

Now, you can't really do that with a large lump of cow can you?

Jon T

PS I know this is a gross generalisation and it is not meant to offend:)

9/24 must ne a record. I know Scotsmen (and wommen) who won't eat the stuff.

I tried it many moons ago. Can't say I disliked it, but I can't say I would chose it if it was on the menu. Unless it was an alternative to a rare hormone-reared steak with genetically midified sweetcorn and a large cup of chocca mocca latte skinny dippy coffee, as provided by Starbucks. (No one ever heard of "coffee" before?!!!)

Jonathan, you are mistaken. Turkey is a lovely dish. Think of all the combinations you can enjoy between Xmas day and 15 January:
turkey salad
turkey curry
turkey fricase
turkey pizza
turkey pie
turkish delight
turkey jerky
turkey on rye
turkey a la Cajun
turkey on sourdough
turkey with a skinny mocca locca chocka coffee
turkey and hold back on the mayo (with rye or sourdough)
turkey soup
turkey stew
turkey casserole
turkey schmirkey, gimme a corndog!
etc etc etc

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
Unless it was an alternative to a rare hormone-reared steak with genetically midified sweetcorn and a large cup of chocca mocca latte skinny dippy coffee,

Surely that depends on the person skinny dipping..........

Nice naked nubile lady....... I might be persuaded.

Jon T :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom