do you have tank boots?

do you use tank boots?

• yes

Votes: 148 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 37 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have cylinder, I seen tanks from the dive shop have "No boots"

i've had them both on and off, and there really is no difference since i only do shore dives. i think im gonna put them back on for a couple months, then when i do my vis in january, ill check them again.

I only have one tank at the moment, a 15l steel tank and yeah, I use a boot.

why dont you use them on your doubles? any reason besides the fit?

Not only I have a tank boot, but just recently I also added the net on the tank.

Tank boot with a steel tank is a neccessity, I was contemplating removing it, but then what? I just remove it once a while to check and clean the bottom.

The net was neccessary as I didn't feel like repainting the tank soon and couldn't always be on the lookout who's manipulating my tank around and in what manner. It did get banged on several instances, never by me or while it was on my back. But boat crews, a completly different story... With steel fabers, you really consider the original paint job rather precious. I already found myself doing small touch ups with anticorosive paint to it, after every trip where I didn't carry it around. It's only 5 months old, so I'm very nitpicky about it, rather nerve-consuming. :)

Since I don't plan going cave or wreck any time soon, the tank net won't be in the way yet. I did hate putting it on, though. The tank looks ugly with it. :wink:

I use no boots on my AL80's. I see people complaining about non-booted tanks tearing up boats? The whole reason for boots was for round-bottom tanks. It's pointless and plain silly to put a boot on a tank with a flat bottom.

FD

Boots add about a 1/4 inch all the way around your tank bottom, not really a whole lot more stable, so I don't see that as an arguement for flat bottomed tanks.

I don't use them on my al80s. Also, the boats that I have been on around here don't use them on their tanks. The only place I have seen them on is round bottomed personal tanks.

Back
Top Bottom