do you have tank boots?

do you use tank boots?

• yes

Votes: 148 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 37 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregmontalbano:
Now that one i've never herd before....

you've never heard the sound of a tank falling over because no one but a boot on it? Good! It's not a good idea to toss around tanks with such a capacity for joules. :)

Only use boots on round bottom steel tanks. They are not recommended for Al tanks. They trap salt water and cause premature corrosion.

That is the only thing my tanks wear. No hats or shirts....

DennisW:
Only use boots on round bottom steel tanks. They are not recommended for Al tanks. They trap salt water and cause premature corrosion.
Not sure on the AL tanks corroding beyond the sealing 'skin' of Aliminium Oxyde. Once that is in place, the system is sealed...?

I made them remove their boots so my white carpet would stay clean.:14:

My garage has a pile of boots behind the tractor.

If you’re diving on my boat you will have boots on your tanks – unless they’re round bottom doubles in which case I have some old rubber floor mats I lay out for the tanks to rest on and while putting them on.

I do slide the boots down after every couple saltwater dives to rinse the bottoms real well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom