Do you have Morton's Toe?

Do you have Morton's Toe?

• Yes, my second toe is longer than my big toe.

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No, my big toe is the longest toe on my foot.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • One foot has Morton's toe, the other doesn't.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • My big toe and second toe are the same length.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For those of you who don't know, Morton's Toe is when your second toe is longer than your big toe. This doesn't really have anything to do with SCUBA, I'm just curious (well, I guess technically it could present problems with boots and fins).

12 votes so far? Come on...I know you all have toes! Let's hear about your feet dammit!!

I have Morton's reservations, for this Saturday evening. Sometimes you have to have a steak.

Because of an industrial accident, my big toe is shorter than its neighbor, maybe 1/4". Causes no real problems, though makes that foot a shoe size smaller and foot slides about more.

Check out http://www.23andme.com. They have a survey on physical traits. I assume you'd be very interested in the results of that survey. :cool2:

Interesting fact, since most of you have Morton's toe:
"A longer second toe has often been associated with royalty, particularly during the rule of the Ptolemaic dynasty when Egypt was under Greek rulership. It was an idealized form in Greek sculpture, and this persisted as an aesthetic standard through Roman and Renaissance periods and later (the Statue of Liberty has toes of this proportion)."-Wikipedia

Last edited:
Could pointy cowboy boots cause this condition?

I can see why women wearing high heel shoes would have this.

Back
Top Bottom