Do you have a mustache?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are stray eyebrows! :rofL:

Dee,
Not Bad. Gave a good chuckle.

Larry,
A trim job beneath your nose solves the problem. If that doesn't work, I've seen guys use a little silicon to get a seal.

DSAO,
Larry

At shallow depths the mask leaks a little but the deeper I go the better it seals. You do end up clearing the mask a little more often but you get used to it.

Scott

Your mask will leak a tad. It's part of diving. You should be comfortable with water in your mask and clearing it should become second nature.

Chapstick

Applied heavily before the dive seems to help with leakage.

*edit*

applied to the mustache, anyplace else may or may not help with leakage. :)

Trim the 'stache

Use a purge mask.

purge and clear often. I don't even notice I' m doing it anymore.

I'll have to agree on both counts - trim and don't sweat the leaks. I'm a fairly new diver, and right at first, I was worried about any water that got into my mask. On my last few dives, I remember thinking that somehow the leaks had stopped, but I think it was really just that clearing my mask finally became second nature, and it didn't even register anymore.

The success of the trimming may depend on the construction of your mask. On mine, there was a pronounced ridge that fell on my upper lip right under my nose. As long as i trim my moustache below this area, I seem to be OK.

Back
Top Bottom