Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I didn't know there was one!

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
If I knew more about it, I might work on it at some level. <snip>There's gotta be a special PADI bashing article in every issue.
:rofl: Walter, its too early to have coke on my screen!

Will do Walter...

However, other might like to know why and what as well.

Obviously, not all of our 60k users visit us on a regular basis. The News letter is our way of reminding them about ScubaBoard and inviting them to come back and play. It provides a one or two page synopsis of what is happening on our board, new features and SB trivia. We will often highlight an area on SB like the I2I forums that many often miss since they have to apply to get in. We have been almost overloaded on our servers recently, so we have not tried to get more people in here.

While we have limited participation in the past to moderators, there is no rule that says we can't include others to help as well. Even if there WAS a rule, we would just change it! :D

IN FACT... let me direct your attention to another area of our board: the Article section. If ANYONE has a gear review that is worth a hoot or an article about diving that they would like PUBLISHED: send it to Content@ScubaBoard.com. No, not everything will be published, but we will review it and let you know.

We are about to upgrade our primary servers to a pair of Opteran 265 (twin dual core CPUs) and we will HOPEFULLY be updating our vE-zine to something more useful and fun.

Kim:
(I also think that our earlier 'Public Relations Person' probably just planted her own foot firmly in the pie!)
Kim have you read my post?
I wrote there that i have killed newsletters in my firm
:D
Mania

mania:
Kim have you read my post?
I wrote there that i have killed newsletters in my firm
:D
Mania
Yes...I read that....also this:
Mania:
On the other hand - every reliable and serious company has newsletter. That's sort of a tradition. And SB is a serious and reliable place.
You KNOW it makes sense! :D

user CP:
ScubaBoard sends periodic mailings including a newsletter. You are also able to opt-in and receive notifications of new threads or messages. To disable all email messages uncheck this box.
Receive Newsletters & Thread Alerts via Email

user CP:
Do you wish to receive our monthly newsletter containing thread updates, industry news and important announcements?
Yes No

Do both of these have to be checked yes to receive the newsletter?

I seem to remember a discussion about this long ago, where it was said that opting in to the newsletter also got you some other spam, it wasn't really separate, so I opted out. Don't know if that is true now.

Walter:
Do both of these have to be checked yes to receive the newsletter?
Yes I think so (mine are). There's another box though that allows you to have no emails for subscribed threads (Default Thread Subscription Mode) - that one can be set to "No email notification" and then you only get the newsletter (if it's sent out)

This is at least MY understanding of how it works, although I could be completely wrong. To the best of my knowledge I've never received any spam because of these settings. (or at least I don't think that all the people who want to improve my manhood, give me a college degree, or promise me lots of whatever, get to me via SB!! :D)

Damselfish:
opting in to the newsletter also got you some other spam, it wasn't really separate,
so I opted out. Don't know if that is true now.

hey... this is a great point

Kim, could you make the newsletter option SEPARATE from all other e-mail
communications at opt-in?

that way you can select to have just the newsletter, and still not get all the
other e-mail communications

Back
Top Bottom