Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I didn't know there was one!

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Admin:
That (to me) is the really interesting question...
Well...I'd be guessing but I'd say that it's probably the sort of people (like myself) who automatically turn off all email boxes without really reading, or maybe understanding, what they are saying no to. I get so much spam through the net that it's almost instinctive. I totally agree that in the greater picture we're never likely to get that many people to do such a poll that it makes it usefull in a statistical way. On the other hand, and as you well know, we have a much smaller core of really busy users than the 60,000 members might suggest. Maybe subconciously my question was directed more at them - although of course it wasn't meant to be exclusionary in any way.

mike_s:
so is it worth "opting" in for ?
Well - you'll never know the answer to that unless you do - and it's sent out again! :D

It hasn't been sent recently, but I think we should reanimate it.

Well, so here goes an opinion of a Public Relations chief in a global firm.....
My firm has tons of newsletters sent to clients. On different topics. And my decission was to cancel most of them - of course here in Poland (I have no influence over the rest of the world).
One major reason is - clients don't have time to read them.
I don't have time to read our newsletter (maybe I should then spend less time on the board - which is a solution).
:D
On the other hand - every reliable and serious company has newsletter. That's sort of a tradition. And SB is a serious and reliable place.
So the answer is difficult.
Mania

Walter,

do I see your hand going up??? :D

Traditionally it was written by Tech Admin with some assistance by me. Things change and we need some of our mods to volunteer to write it. Obviously, they are researching whether a need even exists which only makes sense!

I think that Walter would be an EXCELLENT contributor/reporter/editor!!!!!! Can I volunteer him? :D

(I also think that our earlier 'Public Relations Person' probably just planted her own foot firmly in the pie!)

NetDoc:
The best thing??? They can discuss it at "Invade the Keys" coming up soon! :D
Oh man....you are soooo smooth....I bow in awe! :D

If I knew more about it, I might work on it at some level. Why don't you send me a PM or e-mail explaining what you'd like to see from it. There's gotta be a special PADI bashing article in every issue.

Back
Top Bottom