Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

Do you ever read the ScubaBoard News Letter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I didn't know there was one!

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Admin:
However, the results of this poll are likely irrelevant

my feelings are hurt... and i voted five times too

:D

H2Andy:
so... Kim of the Orient... why you doing this poll? plotting the
demise of the newsletter, are we? :wink:
It's called research, which I am undertaking out of my highly developed sense of nosiness.....erm...curiosity.
There are no plans for the demise of the newsletter that I know of. I'm curious though that as it's there if it's as effective as it could be. It strikes me that if most people haven't heard of it (poll results until now) - it might be demonstrating a small problem in communications. Other than that I have no ulterior or sinister motivation! :14:

Kim:
Other than that I have no ulterior or sinister motivation! :14:

hey... last time i heard that, i ended up minus a trailer and a dog, and paying
child support for non-existing children

Tech Admin:
I know exactly how well the mailing did in the past and to put it simply, it was quite popular with those who got it.
I don't doubt that it was. My question in this poll though is to try to get an idea how many people actually got it and read it - nothing to do with it's content or popularity.

H2Andy:
my feelings are hurt... and i voted five times too

Too funny.

But seriously. From a purely mathematical standpoint a poll just isn't going to tell you much of anything about participation in email communications. There are too many biases to control for.

Of course it is still interesting to see the responses and definitely not a bad thing to run now versus after any new newsletter starts being sent.

Surely didnt know there was one.

Kim:
I don't doubt that it was. My question in this poll though is to try to get an idea how many people actually got it and read it - nothing to do with it's content or popularity.

By popularity I was referring to the rate at which the emails were read... so basically the same exact thing the poll is getting at, only measured from the actual email rather than from a web-based poll. Sorry for the confusion in terms.

It's interesting already to note though that we have a least a couple of respondants in the thread here who have been members of the board for years - and THEY haven't heard of it! :D
So at the very least....this thread is raising public awareness!! eyebrow

Kim:
It's interesting already to note though that we have a least a couple of respondants in the thread here who have been members of the board for years - and THEY haven't heard of it! :D

Very interesting indeed, just not necessarily statistically significant. When it last went out there were 55,000 members or so and only 36,000 were eligible to receive it. Then there's the spam filters, delete keys and unused email inboxes. That means that at a minimum 35% of people didn't ever see it. So the question is which group do the respondents here fall into? That (to me) is the really interesting question...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom