do you dive lakes in orlando area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy once bubbled...
Also Sheck Exley said that gators can't swim past 20' cuz they can't equalize their ears and the pressure is to great for them. I don't mind gators cuz they have them around when I cave dive.

21' or more for me - I hope your sure on 20' :) :rolleyes:

I plan on being in a number of Central Florida lakes once the water cools down looking for artifacts. Those gators might not like bubbles but I would sure hate for big daddy to mistake me for a rival during the summer breeding season.I can't quite fathom why anyone would do it just to get wet, there are too many other much nicer opportunities for diving around here if you just like to get wet and blow bubbles.. Total hearsay, but supposedly a friend of one of my artifact hunting buddies was recently in the St. Johns when he felt a big tug on his fin. Thought his buddy was screwing around with him till he surfaced to find said buddy in the boat dry. Checked his fin and found holes. Most of the black water divers I have talked to say they are more concerned with Alligator Snapping Turtles and Moccasins than gators.

I was born and raised in North Florida and seen a number of whitetail deer who fail victim to aligators. I still go down there one week out of the month. There is a few springs and sinkholes that I would dive but some of the lakes in the area is an absolute NO for me. There is one lake that as soon as you put your boat in the gators show up from everywhere right around your boat. I believe they would have a field day with a diver. Up here in Tennessee we don't have that problem. I dive nights here and spear catfish but would probably not if the gators were a factor.

Lake Underhill? It seems to me that it had a spring not too far off shore (just to the left of the boat ramp). I would love to explore it, if anyone is interested.

There is a supposed spring in the bottom of the St. Johns just north of Lake Jessup. I left the area before I have a chance to get in it. The pool at Alexander Springs is practically a lake dive, but there’s nothing to see there. The spring run is an awesome canoe trip though.

The amebea can enter through the ears too. I live in the neighborhood where the one kid diesd from the amebea in 2002.
The lake is just done the street from me in my subdivision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom