Do you bring your light with you every dive?

Do you bring your light with you every dive

• Yes

Votes: 138 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 15.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my Sola 1200 every dive. Love the ease of having it on my hand. It helps when the viz is bad scooter diving so people can see me better. Also in the small caves looking at various marine life.

Greg Walker
Www.mauiscooterdivers.com

I have a Salvo canister light for backmount diving and a Sola Tech for sidemount which just sits on the back of my hand like a tiny searchlight with its smug little battery (2 hrs runtime). Very useful in gloomy Great Lakes diving.

My backup lights are attached to the shoulder straps of my BP/W. Diving a BCD there's always a light in the pocket.
They're too handy on swimthroughs and for peeking under things not to carry.
We were on Cozumel in December when el Norte shut down the port. So we went to visit the cenotes. Next day, port was still closed in the morning but opened afternoon. We headed out. Great first dive but it was late enough that the Adam wasn't sure there was enough day left for a second. Fortunately I had all our backup lights still in my gear bag. Passed them out and we had a great twilight dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I do not have a "can light". I do bring a light on every dive though.

Specifically those using can lights but I'd appreciate anyone's answer. Do you take your primary light on every dive, including those where its use wouldn't be readily apparent (i.e.: during the day). Whatever the answer is, why?

I carry a 1K DRIS backup light on every dive.

I carry a 200 lumens pocket flashlight with me all the time above water.

I carry both because it's just vastly easier for me to carry certain things never or all the time.

My can light is part of my cave gear setup, I carry it all the time.

I turn it on during shallow reef dives only when diving with people using same.

Diving during the day, in the south, the only one I leave out is my second back up.

Primary can light and at least two back ups every dive. It's to dark here to be without a primary for seeing things and more importantly to 'signal' your buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom