Do you bring your light with you every dive?

Do you bring your light with you every dive

• Yes

Votes: 138 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 15.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The way I look at it, the lights take up practically no space and, as RJP said, I've never felt them to be a burden or wished that I didn't have them. I think it is also important to recognize that unexpected things can happen so it is better to have options just in case the need ever arises.

As such, I've had at least one light with me on every dive since I got my OW cert. regardless of time or weather conditions. I started out using a UK SL6, then got a Mini Q40 as a back-up (which remains attached to my shoulder strap to this day), and later I replaced the SL6 with a Green Force LED can light that I took on every dive. I just sold the Green Force so now I'm looking at HID can light options for when I take my video camera, but it will probably come with me even without the camera. I also had a strobe attached to the upper part of my shoulder strap but it's inop right now so I've got to fix or replace it.

I voted before I read the can light bit sorry.

Anyway I always carry a small 1000 lumen light with me. I will always find a nook or cranny with something tucked right in the back of it which a light brings out the best of. I only turn it on when needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom