Do you believe in ghosts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought an old house in Surry VA in 2002. The original house was built circa 1890 with an addition put on circa 1930. My wife and I restored the interior. it was quite nice. I moved my office from downtown Williamsburg over the James to Surry and worked over there. My wife died in 2004. I started drinking heavily for nine months then quit. After I quit drinking, I found I could not spend much time over there, only to clean and mow the lawn. One Saturday in the spring of 2005, while cleaning upstairs I heard someone come in the back door and walk around. I went down to see who the hell came in. No one was there and the doors were locked. While I was down stairs I heard someone walking around upstairs. Again, no one there. They had moved up to the attic, but no one was up there. Of course while I'm in the attic the damn thing started walking around downstairs again. I wrote the experience off as squirrels running around on the roof. I had not spent the night there since December and was not about to now.

The house finally sold in August of 2005.

Several weeks after the sale, I met the new owners in the grocery store, who announced that the house is haunted. Spoons, dishes and whatever that may be on the kitchen counter will just start moving around by themselves. The dogs will not go in the house. Sheets and towels in the linen closet are thrown out on the floor. We love it!!! We hired a pyschic to visit the house who (naturally this is what he is getting paid to do) told us that there is definitely a spirit in the house.

I guess it wasn't the squirrels. If the spirits had been in the house when I bought it in 2002, what took them so long to make their presence known to me in the spring of 2005, and then to really show themselves to the new owners?

Anyway, yes I do believe in ghosts.

Since you turned GREEN I feel obligeged to come and hold your hand.:D
So if you need a hand,just holler.:D

Interesting point of view. Personally I don't believe in absolutes of good or evil.... I wonder if these beliefs have an effect on how people see things? I think this could be a case where the state of mind of the observer has the bigger roll to play....

just a thought.

R..

Guess that depends if you are a religious believer or not.
The Divingpreacher obviuosly is a religious believer.
Other (non religious) will have a completely different vision on this.
Reminds me of an old thread on evolution.:D that stirred the pot some what.:rofl4:

I believe in the ghost of my ex-wife and she's not even dead yet!

ScubaSteve .. buy a new set of gear?
...... way to capitalize on a situation ! :D

I look at any situation as one of the following: 1) a reason to buy new scuba stuff, 2) a reason to buy new camera stuff OR 3) a reason to buy more stuff in general.

GO FREEDOM 95 PLAN!!!

But I look at the OP's situation and say that as long as nothing and nobody is being harmed in any way (other than perhaps lack of sleep), then why not find a way to capitalize on it. This is easy for me to say because it is not my primary residence but I believe that if it is happening (I have experienced some pretty unexplainable things myself), then I bet there would be a way to make some money.....with some inconvenience though I am sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom