Do you believe in ghosts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I live in an apartment with 4 floors. I own the 3rd and 4th floor of this building, there is a neighbour who owns the 2nd floor and one who owns the 1st floor, including the garden. It's a typical Dutch set-up.

The neighbour on the 2nd floor is never home. He works over seas and only owns this house for tax purposes. This is good because he's a boob and I don't like him but it has a big advantage to me because I don't have to worry about irritating the neighbours. Dutch houses are made of stone but the floors are made of wood and if you live in an old house like I do, then every time you fart the neighbours hear it.....

But getting to the point. The last 3 weeks we've been "hearing" things..... pacing. like someone walking back and forth through the 2nd floor apartment with heavy boots on. I thought I was the only one hearing it but the other day the neighbour from the 1st floor came along and said that she wanted me to go into the apartment with her.... because not only was there pacing... but the LIGHTS were on!!!!! :shocked:

So I went in with her (we all have keys to each other's houses in case something weird happens) and determined that the house was empty and that there was, indeed, nobody home.

The pacing stopped

for 24 hours

but now it's started again. All afternoon I've been working at home and something that isn't there has been pacing back and forth over the 2nd floor for the last 6 hours.....

weird eh?

Do you believe in ghosts? I never did but I'm starting to have my doubts.....

R..

Big rats?

Rats in heavy boots....? I don't think so. I know what rats sound like and this is definitely "pacing". It sounds like someone is walking back and forth in hiking boots.

R..

Well, the answer to the original question is yes.

Are you SURE the neighbor isn't actually home? Like have you gone down and gone in while you're hearing the pacing? Personally, that would scare the crap out of me but I'd probably do it anyway just to see.

Rachel

Have you talked to him recently? It would be awfully creepy if something had happened to the guy about the time the stomping started.

Me personally? No. Not recently.... but is is possible that something happened to him. He's one of these people who blows up buildings with dynamite for a living. That's the reason he's never home.

It isn't the first time I thought I was in close proximity to a ghost but we'll get to that later..... :eek:

R..

Have you talked to him recently? It would be awfully creepy if something had happened to the guy about the time the stomping started.

I beg to differ. The appropriate word is not "creepy," but rather "coincidental." :wink:

I believe in ghosts. Why not. Used to have one in our old house when I was in my teens. I called him Fred. My room was in the attic on the third floor. I'd hear sounds all the time and even feel things from time to time. So did my brother and sister who were scared of "him". I thought it was great after awhile. At first it was unnerving but then I got used to it and even said goodnight to him/her/it. And best of all he ensured my privacy as my brother and sister would not come up to my room alone.

But you did say Romania? How do you know it's not him coming back at night. Perhaps he is coming back to "feed"! A psychic vampire? Do you feel drained or tired after hearing this? Have any small animals come up missing or been found dead for no apparent cause? Just asking. Sleep well!!!!

How do you know it's not him coming back at night. Perhaps he is coming back to "feed"! A psychic vampire? Do you feel drained or tired after hearing this? Have any small animals come up missing or been found dead for no apparent cause? Just asking. Sleep well!!!!

I'm sure. Why? because I believe that most ghosts were probably clever (albeit most likely insane) people in their own lives. My neighbour is niether intelligent nor insane. He is irritating, extremely macho, passive-aggressive and highly egotistical, but neither intelligent nor insane.... it can't be him.

This house, however, was built in 1938 and there is no telling what has happened here. Only 1/2km from here German bombs flattened the place into a moon-scape. Many of the neighbours have found "things" like false walls with Canadian/British/American amunition boxes hidden behind them..... It's not even uncommon to find WWII bombs just under the surface when things are being renovated. Death and destruction are everywhere in Europe. Some of the most horrific human traumas have taken place just a stone's throw (by N. American standards) from where I live.

If ghosts DO exist, then they probably exist here in larger number than anywhere else.....

Want to hear something really creepy? Since I started writing about this, the pacing has stopped.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom