Do new BC's usually come with an LP inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a common oversight. Last weekend my wife test dove a Seaquest Diva LX in a dive shop pool using one of their regulator sets. She ended up buying it and took the baby home never realizing it was sans hose off the rack (where they'd be in the way and subject to cantamination. I called back Monday morning after seeing a few manufacturers sites declare LP hose included and sure enough he said oops, come on by and pick one up.

BTW She enjoyed the rig last night in my sisters pool and this morning on our first OW dives.

Pete

mstevens:
I just bought 2 new BC's (Zeagle Stilettos) for my wife and myself for the first time in 25 years, to replace our "state of the art" SeaQuest BC's from 1980. We bought new regs from a different place which haven't arrived yet. (The old regs are already gone, along with their attached gauges and hoses.)

I was investigating all the great modern features when I noticed there are no low-pressure inflator hoses. It simply never occurred to me to wonder whether they were included, or even whether they were now generic or brand-specific. Before I call up and fuss with the dealer I want to be sure if this really is a problem or not. Obviously, if new BC's don't normally come with inflator hoses I'll simply order a couple. On the other hand, I'd prefer not to have to pay for them if I don't need to (it looks as if they're around $20 each), and since I didn't get any sort of manuals or anything (which I know do exist for these BC's) I wonder if the dealer just forgot to put the remaining items in after the BC's themselves were packed.

My zeagle stiletto came with the LP hose

My Zeagle Brigade came with a hose. My wife bought a Diva LX from the LDS and she didn't get a hose; however, she already had one on her regulators and we didn't ask about it.

Well, my Zeagle Ranger didn't come with a hose. My LDS said that's how they arrive from the factory.

I'll check in with Zeagle...

Carbon

yup... all five BC's and wings i've bought have come with a hose

carbon:
Well, my Zeagle Ranger didn't come with a hose. My LDS said that's how they arrive from the factory.

I'll check in with Zeagle...

Carbon
Sorry but your LDS was not being truthful with you, Zeagle do include them from the factory :wink: Did this guy try to sell one to you after you bought the BC? I would demand the cash back myself as its underhanded salesmanship. If he says otherwise, PM ScottZeagle or Chad Carney on here, they both work there and can vouch for it, or even ask to see a new one that has literally come through the door that they havent had time to remove the hose from.

Both my Zeagle Stiletto and my wifes Oceanic Isla came with hoses.

I got a Diva too and my LDS mentioned it doesn’t come with the LP hose, so they gave me one.

redrover:
I got a Diva too and my LDS mentioned it doesn’t come with the LP hose, so they gave me one.

Kinda like... buy this dive computer and I will through in the guard for free. Most come with a scratch guard.

MY Brigade came with the LP hose, manual and a cool box with "Zeagle" on it. :D

Back
Top Bottom