Do new BC's usually come with an LP inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney:
** You guys that have bought shorter hoses have hit on one of my common gripes, that many of our hoses are too long, even for XXL divers. Maybe Scott will see enough of these beefs and realize that it's not just me whining!
Well then you get into this hose is too short etc issues as well. Hopefully a really useful LDS would allow you to swap out the factory hoses for others, but then they would be left with a bunch of hoses that are a bit too long. I think mine are either 16/18" something like that, havent bought one in a while :wink: Its a hard balance of which hose is best for everyone.

Again i reiterate, people stating that they dont include the hose in the price should drop their price by $20 or so to compensate, but they definately shouldnt be telling you that it doesnt come as part of the package from the factory, that i would call a lie and wonder what other lies they told you to get a sale?

Simon,

Usually divers are just unhappy with the LP QD hose length, not the corrugated hose.
Add a Dive Alert and now the LP/QD hose is rediculously long. (BTW Ideations does sell a LP hose/Dive Alert combined to aliviate th 3" addition problem, but few dealers stock them.)

That SQ company did a great job of selling the proper hose to fit the BC size. They even tag them with the size.

Chad

carbon:
Well, my Zeagle Ranger didn't come with a hose. My LDS said that's how they arrive from the factory.

I'll check in with Zeagle...

Carbon

Untrue....

All BCs leave the factory with manual and hose in a plastic bag.

Scott - who is so far behind on his SB reading after being out for a week that if I miss something, please PM me!!! :wink:

Chad Carney:
Usually divers are just unhappy with the LP QD hose length, not the corrugated hose.
I found the corrugated BC hose was a reasonable length on my elastic wing, but on an older model (i mean really old) i found it too long. The hose i was talking about what also the LP hose not the corrugated one, which is the one i swapped out.

All my familys' BCs came with hoses.
Cressi, Mares, Tigulio, US Divers.

simbrooks:
The hose i was talking about what also the LP hose not the corrugated one, which is the one i swapped out.

You through me off with "16/18" something like that".
The standard Zeagle corrugated BC hose is 19" long, and the XL has a 23" hose.

Zeagle's standard LP/QD hose is now 28" long. I think it might have been longer in the past.

My Octo+ LP/QD hose is 26" and it's much better than the 30" standard Octo+ hose.

Chad

Chad Carney:
You through me off with "16/18" something like that".
The standard Zeagle corrugated BC hose is 19" long, and the XL has a 23" hose.

Zeagle's standard LP/QD hose is now 28" long. I think it might have been longer in the past.

My Octo+ LP/QD hose is 26" and it's much better than the 30" standard Octo+ hose.

Chad
Yep, just looked and i think i have the 22" LP hose (at worst 27") that runs nicely over my shoulder. I buy my hoses and some other bits at Dive Rite Express when i pass by every month or so. I was a little short on the guesstimate by the looks of it for the LP hose :wink:

mstevens:
I'll contact the dealer about sending me the proper hoses. They have a good reputation, and I suspect they just got left out of my shipment inadvertently.

I contacted the seller, who quickly shipped out the hoses in their little plastic bags with manuals, etc. I think they'd just left them out inadvertently while sizing the BC's for us. I must say the hoses are a lot nicer than I've seen on many other BC's lately. For one thing, the release ring is really nice and big and deeply knurled so it's easy to get a good grip on. I'd been going to get some of those plastic hose release thingies from Deep Sea Supply, but now see no need.

Back
Top Bottom