Do inserts work for go pro fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happyladydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I dove off Lady Musgrave Island and was sad to see my go pro video was very foggy. I did my research and discovered that you can buy these inserts to put in the case to prevent the fog. I just want to know that they work before I count on them and then they don’t work. That would suck as I have some ambitious dives I wish to do! Thanks guys and gals.

So I dove off Lady Musgrave Island and was sad to see my go pro video was very foggy. I did my research and discovered that you can buy these inserts to put in the case to prevent the fog. I just want to know that they work before I count on them and then they don’t work. That would suck as I have some ambitious dives I wish to do! Thanks guys and gals.
In my experience: yes, they do work.

AC and add a litttle piece of alu foil

Aluminum foil?
I had not heard of that!
THANKS!
Water condenses on the foil first I presume?

Be proactive than reactive. What I mean by that is to get dry air inside the case initially rather than putting a desiccant to absorb the moisture out of the humid air inside the case. To do that you need to put your GoPro into the case in a dry room, i.e., in cool AC room. I use GoPro for 7 years from GoPro 4 to 6 and I never have fogging issues.

In my experience, yes the anti-fog inserts do work. Of course, as others have mentioned, there are other ways to help mitigate fogging, and that advice should be followed, even with the use of inserts.

I have been using the "pad" type inserts, as opposed to the little "bag" type, and I have not had any fogging issues whatsoever since using them. I am diving in the humid tropics, and still find that half of a pad is sufficient for a full day of diving, even with two or three battery changes (opening the case). While I have not yet tried, apparently they can be dried out and reused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom