Do inserts work for go pro fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely work and I've used the same set of 2 GoPro branded ones for ages as I let them dry out in between. Sometimes you have to open the housing to access the buttons or touchscreen to delete videos so this is a good backup. Just stuff them into any leftover spaces in the housing, making sure they won't move and obstruct the lens, seal, or buttons.

Blowing scuba tank air (its super dry) into the housing from a tank or reg works well in a pinch.

Closing the housing an an AC or dehumidified space helps, and don't have any water on your hands while doing it!

Sometimes the condensation will go away after the housing and camera have time to come to equal temperature with the water, so pre-chilling the camera in water before a dive can help.

Yes the silica gel packets work. You can even use the free ones that come in some packaging. Silica gel packs can be reused/recharged by gently warming them in an oven, microwave, or other warm/dry place like on a radiator or in the hot sun. Look up the temp to use, can't remember off the top of my head. Don't overcook them. Microwaving takes a long time at low power. Oven needs a low temp. Consider a dedicated non-food oven.

Back
Top Bottom