to buy a go pro or a reliable cover for an iphone 14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sealife sport diver here. My iPhone 14 is backed up to the cloud. I have trust in the sportdiver, and it’s never failed me. And the phone itself is “Waterproof “ too, so I’ve always gone with the thought that if the case leaks some, it still won’t affect the phone. And if it does, then f it… get a new phone and download from the cloud. Least of my worries.

I have to admit that I’ve just scanned through this thread but I will mention that in Nassau in early June I dove with a father and daughter team. She was just old enough to certify, and very excited and enthusiastic about it all. Her dad was taking the pictures for them using his old iPhone and a case. Fortunately I got a picture of her and a bunch of hood fish pix on my SeaLife Micro 3,0, because his case leaked and his iPhone flooded. I was delighted to be able to send them to her. Would you want to ruin your 13 year old daughter’s memory of a big dive by flooding your camera?
I use my iPhone for communication and to take some pictures on dry land. Underwater photography was done with a Nikonos film camera and now I’ll use my permanently sealed SeaLife for digital...even an old iPhone (and I generally trade mine in) plus a decent housing for it costs as much as the SeaLife and I still have to deal with the likelihood of flooding. No thanks!
But you do you, and use what you want. Your mileage may vary.
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom