Question Do I need to get my brand new regulator serviced before my dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Blue Key

Blue Key

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I'm new to diving and this forum. I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, I could find out. So; 2 years ago I got a new set of Aqualung Helix Pro regulators. I have not used this on land or in water, and have been storing them in a dry environment. The manual says service is required every 2 years. Is it necessary for me to get them serviced before diving with them. Technically I'm past the 2 years. Thanks!

Hmm. I would say, no. But what's your comfort level?

You need do nothing. It's two years of USE that requires service. Chances are your regulator is in better condition now than it would be after routine servicing.

Should have been set up properly at time of purchase. I would just go diving.

You need do nothing. It's two years of USE that requires service. Chances are your regulator is in better condition now than it would be after routine servicing.
Thanks for your reply. Guess I should service it within 2 years from the time I start using them.

Hi! I'm new to diving and this forum. I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, I could find out. So; 2 years ago I got a new set of Aqualung Helix Pro regulators. I have not used this on land or in water, and have been storing them in a dry environment. The manual says service is required every 2 years. Is it necessary for me to get them serviced before diving with them. Technically I'm past the 2 years. Thanks!
They do not need to be serviced.

However they should be function checked before your dive as it is possible one or both second stages might need an adjustment. Any shop or tech should be able to do this in a few minutes.

You'd be surprised at just how long "new" stock sits on dive shop shelves, gathering dust -- and two years, properly stored, means nothing. When shopping with a friend, last year, there were 2016 regulators being offered.

That said, there are already frequent SB accounts of newly-serviced regulators, going on the fritz, while on a pricey trip to the stickier parts of the world . . .

They do not need to be serviced.

However they should be function checked before your dive as it is possible one or both second stages might need an adjustment. Any shop or tech should be able to do this in a few minutes.

Is this something they charge money for? If that is the case, what would something like that cost?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom