Do I need hard sole bootie for Scubapro Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.

I just got a pair of used Scubapro Jet fins open heel, and a pair of used Cressi-sub Rodine fins closed heel.

I also just got a pair of 3mm socks. With the socks the Cressi fins seems just right and worked well. When I tried the Scubapro Jet fins, the fit also seems good, but the heel feels open. Well, it's open heel, but the other ones I tried before had slightly longer heel bottom.

Do I need to wear hard sole bootie for the Scubapro Jet fins? Or is it alright just with open heel with socks or even no socks.

Thanks a lot.

Torontonian:
Hi.

I just got a pair of used Scubapro Jet fins open heel, and a pair of used Cressi-sub Rodine fins closed heel.

I also just got a pair of 3mm socks. With the socks the Cressi fins seems just right and worked well. When I tried the Scubapro Jet fins, the fit also seems good, but the heel feels open. Well, it's open heel, but the other ones I tried before had slightly longer heel bottom.

Do I need to wear hard sole bootie for the Scubapro Jet fins? Or is it alright just with open heel with socks or even no socks.

Thanks a lot.
My Turtles (same style of open heal fin) don't work well for me without a good solid 7mm hard sole bootie or a rock boot.

I tried my jets a couple of weeks back with a thin soled boot - I hated it ... foot cramps etc.. I normally wear a 7mil thick soled lug boot and have no problem with them... just my 2 cents worth...

Hi kidspot. I'm coming to Hawaii diving in a few weeks. Will dive in Oahu and Kona, not Maui though.

It's warm in Hawaii but you are wearing 7mil hard sole boot? Wouldn't that be warm or hot?

I just started buying some scuba gear for myself and snorkel gear for my wife. So don't want to spend more money for hard sole boots if I don't really need to. Will go to the pool tonight and try again, with just my 3m soft socks.

kidspot:
I tried my jets a couple of weeks back with a thin soled boot - I hated it ... foot cramps etc.. I normally wear a 7mil thick soled lug boot and have no problem with them... just my 2 cents worth...

A 7mil suit might be too warm, but the boots are fine for me. They are especially nice for walks over lava rock - sharp stuff...

Enjoy your time in Hawaii - the water's been a "brisk" 81*f -

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom