Do cable Ty-Wraps corrode and/or fail?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try that, but I'm usually formal knot impaired.
The extra crossings of the vice versa knot make it a very secure knot that holds even in things like bungee cords and monofilament. My experience is that if a knot holds in fishline it will hold in anything else.

Vice versa
Camping Knot - Vice Versa Knot

The above two links make tieing the knot look harder than it really is. Just lay the two ends parallel to each other, facing in opposite directions. Do a half-hitch in one line, encircling the other. Take the second line and start a figure 8 around the other. Then tuck the two ends into the loops.

-----------------------

The other knot that I find very useful to attaching a line to the eye of a boltsnap is a simple buntline hitch. Very secure in anything less slippery than monofilament.

I guess I wasn't making myself clear, so I'll try again.

After knotting the line, and after burning the end, just use them securing the line to keep it neat, and help keep the knot in place. (I never thought to use the super glue.)

I tried to find a picture of what I mean, but couldn't.

In any event, my question was answered, and I appreciate all the replies!

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom