DM Complete!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations Brian! Great job! Now go enjoy some fun dives ;-)!

Brian, just curious now that you are an ever important DM in the training world of newbie divers :) what is your end goal? Do you want to be an instructor or are you going to stop at DM?

That's a good question, and the answer is, "I have no clue." I definitely know that I'm going to be a DM for a while, as I pursue other forms of training in the recreational end of the GUE/UTD-style pools. I've come to find out that there's a certain relationship with the students that you get to have as a DM that you don't always get as an instructor, and I'd be hesitant to give that up. For the time being, I'm much more interested in helping people love diving than I am in being where the buck stops (so to speak) for certifying open-water divers.

Oh - and THANKS EVERYBODY for the congrats. :)

Congratulations, Brian! Are we going to find you diving naked on the coast any time soon? 100th and DM, that's what I hear.

Congratulations, Brian! Are we going to find you diving naked on the coast any time soon? 100th and DM, that's what I hear.

Nope. Most of the Monterey area is protected, and I've been told it would be cruel to the animals. You know... insulting their pride and all...

Back
Top Bottom