DIY POCKETS?? save me $$$$$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPX28

Reaction score
Has anyone made a thigh pocket for wet or drysuit? I am sorry but $60.00 or so for a pocket is absolutly rediculouse!!!!

anyone know what a good material to use would be and possibly where i can get it???
Or any suggestions , do and donts about features would also be helpful....
Thanks in advance

can be found on ebay...search for 'drysuit pocket'...a guy from San Diego regularly sells his there for $30-35.

He has two sizes, I bought one of each and they're very nicely made...bellows-style, heavy-duty cordura, double-stitched, drain grommets, and shock cord for clipping off tools.

Making your own might be cheaper, but for $30, I wouldn't bother...

i just got a pair of the 5th d pockets that bcsean mentioned. you can't beat $30 for these things. i plan on getting a pair for my wetsuit when i pick it up next week.

-Frank

How do they attach to the wetsuit, or do they?

scuba-punk:
i just got a pair of the 5th d pockets that bcsean mentioned. you can't beat $30 for these things. i plan on getting a pair for my wetsuit when i pick it up next week.

-Frank

not sure how you'd attach them to a wetsuit as they don't stretch. I'm attaching mine to my shell drysuit.

Glue them on while wearing the suit. It puckers up a bit with the suit off, but it's worked ok so far.

-Frank

I've been looking into making my own pair of x-shorts, using x-pockets from 5th d and some thin neoprene shorts. Finding just the right shorts has proved troublesome of late, as my local Walmart stopped carrying neoprene shorts (which are designed to help you lose water weight). I don't really want to buy online because I want them to just barely slide over my wesuit(no stretching, no puckering), but until I can get out to check the local athletic stores, the project is on hold.

Has anyone else tried making their own BPDs (if that's the correct term)?

DarkFrog:
I've been looking into making my own pair of x-shorts, using x-pockets from 5th d and some thin neoprene shorts. Finding just the right shorts has proved troublesome of late, as my local Walmart stopped carrying neoprene shorts (which are designed to help you lose water weight). I don't really want to buy online because I want them to just barely slide over my wesuit(no stretching, no puckering), but until I can get out to check the local athletic stores, the project is on hold.

Has anyone else tried making their own BPDs (if that's the correct term)?

Have you tried using bicycling shorts?

DiveRight has thigh pockets that (I believe) attach to your BC, with a strap around your thigh. I haven't tried 'em yet, but it seems to me this would be an acceptable alternative to the shorts. They run in the $30.00 range.

'Course, the thigh strap would be one more encumbrance should you have to remove your BC u/w. If you use a weight belt, I'm not sure how that would work, either.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom