DIY Gear hangers/storage - any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derelict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my gear is starting to add up now. I've got a 5/7mm wet suit, a 3mm shorty, a trilaminate drysuit and the accompanying undergarments.

Atm, I've just got them hanging on whatever thicker coat hangers I had lying around (plastic or wood), but I don't feel like spending $30-50 AUD to buy the proper hangers.

My bcd, regs and other accessories just live in my diving travel suitcase, nice and snug.

Has anybody made their own or able to offer a better solution? Mainly need something to protect my newly acquired drysuit, and the neck seal. Might be best to just shell out.

To dry my DS's after a dive I use a "Hangair" with a built in fan, but once they are dry I either store them in their bag, or the other thing I have rigged is a wooden broom handle that I can put straight through the arms and then hang from two pieces of cord attached to the ceiling of my shed (one at each end of the broom handle). It keeps the cross shoulder zip straight, and does not put any strain on the shoulders or neck of the suit. It also lets it air, and is good if I want to wash it, clean and maintain the zip, or clean/brush mud off it and let it air.

It does take up space but if you have the space it is much cheaper than a bought heavy duty hanger. - Phil

I've seen divers add "pool noodles" (not sure of the correct name-those cylindrical 6 foot long 6 inch in diameter pool floats) to the arms of wooden hangers to help eliminate the wrinkling on the wetsuit arms and shoulders.

I just zip tie a few hangers together to get a thicker hanger for the heavier suits.

BRad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom